I just tried GL Pease's Union Square...a little late

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yak":rovjsw86 said:
Evenings from 8:30 (when I get home from work) 'til 10 (bed lunch) are Mrs. Yak's TV time & Mr. Yak's smoke-one-of-his-pipes-while-playing-on-the-computer time.
Sounds like something Gary Larson would come up with 8)

Edit: Also, and this is just my personal experience, I think barometric pressure is the ultimate culprit when it comes to weather/atmosphere and one's taste/smell perception (granted, of course, that pressure/humidity/precipitation/temperature are all tangled up with each other).

loneredtree":c9s7q1m1 said:
That was a very high Humidity day even for Sacramento.
Yeah. It was sticky, wasn't it? :| Even Reno was noticeably humid.

In a nutshell : Sip it slowly, make sure it has plenty of air, and you realise -- by taste -- that tobacco is a vegetable. It has the same taste of its own that kale, spinich, carrots, cucumbers and potatoes have. Only you smoke the leaves rather than eating them.

Wholesome, natural, clean and intriguingly subtle flavor, with a hint of the earth it grew in.

I thought I knew what Virginia tobacco was before I tried Union Square. i didn't. I only knew what heavily processed Virginias were.

Union Square : no makeup, no push-up bra, no hair dye/-do, no any of that "beauty" treatment business.

100% real.

Honest tobacco goodness.

A rarity in the world.

:face:

Wow guys. I have been wanting to try this for a while and can't seem to find it. Anyone know where I could get some?

Smoking Pipes and Pipes and cigars were both out. Maybe I didn't exaust all my internet options. I just picked up 2 tins of Chelsea Morning at Wingenroth's up in Lebanon. He also was out of US.

http://www.marscigars.com/glp-abingdon-1.aspx

Mike Rutt (Mars) is high by a couple bucks, but is a five-star resource who knows pipe tobacco & cigars inside out. If you want a prescription for something that's what you're looking for, in either, Mike's your go-to guy. I try to keep buying from him on that basis alone. He's not a B&M, but he's one of the last of the guys who really knows his stuff. This as opposed to dealing with a 19-year-old college kid who knows little & could care less. Service like that is worth patronising.

IMHO

Mars is so hit-and-miss with stuff I want, I haven't bought from Mike in a while. I have a few tins of US, so I'm not desperate, but I may thumb through the site and see if there's a few things I could put together. He has odds-n-ends that other places don't have. Like spare MM cob stems--I like the OEM ones, but they're a veritable chew toy. :|

Time to talk trash about US to even out the demand a little. :lol:

8)

Yak":jpj6mny9 said:
https://www.brothersofbriar.com/t9599-mars-cigars-pipes-experiences

*shrug* Uh...okay. :lol: Yeah, my experiences with Mars have been alright, too. One pipe debacle, fixed swiftly. I just don't always find what I want there.

8)

forgotteng":gpdw0azy said:
Wow guys. I have been wanting to try this for a while and can't seem to find it. Anyone know where I could get some?
I think I got mine at outwesttobacco.com and I got a year old tin to-boot. :D I'm working on a bunch of smaller samples of various things I've been getting to try so my US is in the cellar acquiring more age.

You know, I've been paying attention to my first Pete 80S (Thurston, to family and friends), a Fermoy finish beauty that I thought I was smoking all wrong, and wasn't getting a lot of satisfaction from...

...well, I was right: I'm not sure what I was doing wrong (or what I'm doing right lately) but this bowl of Union Square just tasted like toasted waffle cone with vanilla ice cream and chocolate. Holy crap. :shock: :cheers:

(...and I'm on a strict no-dairy diet!)

8)

I'm not sure what I was doing wrong (or what I'm doing right lately) but this bowl of Union Square just tasted like toasted waffle cone with vanilla ice cream and chocolate.
It takes a bit of work, but if you try hard enough you can make the virginia taste as good as an aromatic. :face:

if you try hard enough you can make the virginia taste as good as an aromatic.
If you try hard enough, you can ruin anything.

But why would you want to ? :scratch:

:face: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: