I just tried the Ashton Revival: Pebblecut.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And McClelland Arcadia fits here too, I think, but Ive not tried it yet myself.

Russ has a few as well:

Sierra Navada west coast pipe show 2011 blend

"Difficult to define, this blend contains seven different tobaccos with a flavor that is both unique and satisfying. Sierra Nevada is perfect for a hike in the mountains or while relaxing in front of a fire. This Virginia, Oriental, Perique blend is comples and intriguing with a hint of spice, enjoy!"

And Sweet and Savory

"This new blend is hard to describe, but its name comes close- Sweet & Savory. We use a variety of yellow and red Virginias for sweetness, Yenidje and Basma for a naturally floral note, Perique for its “plum and pepper” character, and smoky, spicy dark fired Kentucky for complexity and “kick”. This is a blend with a “whole mouth feel”, meaning that all of your taste buds are involved while smoking this unique combination What we found most surprising is the cross-section of pipe smokers who enjoyed this tobacco. People who prefer straight Virginias, Virginia/Perique, Burley and even Latakia and aromatic smokers said they enjoyed it. Even better, many wanted to know how soon they could buy some of their own. Whether you’re looking for a flavorful treat to add to your rotation, or an all-day, everyday type of blend, see what Hearth & home Marquee Series Sweet & Savory has to offer."

Anyone tried these?

C&D 041 Orion's Arrow: A nearly equal mixture of Turkish flake, Perique, red Virginia and bright Virginia ribbon.

This one might just be called 'the Undiscovered County' as it's a total sleeper. I've never tried it, always wented to, never seen it for sale...assume you have to get it via C&D.

Another one that I think is underated is Mickey B's HH Acadian Perique...good stuff. To me, on a par with the HH Old Dark Fired.

But to me the killer of the bunch is John Patton's Oriental Dusk. WOW! Maybe it's all the Brit flakes I've smoked, but I'm disappointed when there isn't significant flavor and impart in a blend. Some milder blends are good as a first smoke of the day, after that, forget it. That's why I'm liking the VA/Per/Turks I guess. In the hand of a good blender, there's a lot of potential there. And Oriental Dusk doesn't dissappoint. It's one of those Ka-Booom! blends...in a good way.