I know there are some hunter & firearms types...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it's easy to see that most of the guys in the vid are not shooters. You can tell by their stance. Shooting like that, many would have been defeated by a smaller caliber anyway. I would love to try that rifle.

Over the years, I've hunted every type of game, worthy of hunting, within the USA using a Marlin 1895G Lever Action 45/70 Guide Gun. It's a short, easy to carry rifle with an 18" barrel. I always used a slow moving (by today's standards) 405 grain Remington Factory Load, with very modest recoil and tons of knock down power.

The rifle and handgun featured in this thread are ridiculously over powered, basically unmanageable!!!

Justpipes":0y5xu70r said:
I look at several of those and Winchester Model 94's when I was at the gun and knife show last week. I have been contemplating purchasing one of the two. Folks are rather proud of those rifles these days.
I had 2 model 94's prior to Winchester stopping production, but neither was in 30-30 which I consider the classic caliber for that rifle. About a year ago I found one at a Cabela's at a ridiculously low price at today's standards - ended up buying it for under $200 after redeeming my few buyers club points. Shoots great and is a perfect rifle for carrying in the bush for quick shots at close range.

Hunter5117":2oka8adc said:
Justpipes":2oka8adc said:
I look at several of those and Winchester Model 94's when I was at the gun and knife show last week. I have been contemplating purchasing one of the two. Folks are rather proud of those rifles these days.
I had 2 model 94's prior to Winchester stopping production, but neither was in 30-30 which I consider the classic caliber for that rifle. About a year ago I found one at a Cabela's at a ridiculously low price at today's standards - ended up buying it for under $200 after redeeming my few buyers club points. Shoots great and is a perfect rifle for carrying in the bush for quick shots at close range.
Man, I sure would love to find one for under $200. What a deal! Here I have seen them in the $600-$1000 range and a few for even more.

I should have mentioned that the rifle was badly "blood stained" on the sides of the receiver, the blueing had been stripped down to metal but no etching or other damage to the metal itself. Makes the rifle look bad, much worse than it is as close inspection of the innards makes me believe it was not shot hardly at all. Had the usual dried out oil gunk all over it so it didn't cycle rounds very well until I gave it a disassembling and good cleaning. Someday I may get it reblued but not worried about it, it does what it was designed to do.