I learned a very hard lesson!!!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mozjo33

Reaction score
Well, the unthinkable has happened. My Bead Blasted Brandy carved by BoB member Abe Herbaugh is broken. I was golfing with my best friend and on the last hole I put my pipe down to take a shot. He decided to move the cart and then crack...my favorite pipe is now in two pieces.

Next time only inexpensive pipes go to the course and never...ever to be put on the ground again!!!!

Here is the carnage:

DSCN6156.jpg

DSCN6154.jpg

DSCN6150.jpg

I asssume the titular "very hard lesson" is how hard it is to dig a deep enough hole to bury one's best friend in a sand trap?

oh c'mon, that'll buff right out.

:lol:

okay - in all seriousness, that freakin' sucks. condolences, dude.

doody.

:(

There is always a chance a skilled repairman could insert a stainless steel tube to reinforce the shank and then epoxy the two parts together.

Doc Manhattan":cet5am6c said:
I asssume the titular "very hard lesson" is how hard it is to dig a deep enough hole to bury one's best friend in a sand trap?
They will never find him!! :affraid:

Hermit":cet5am6c said:
Elmer's yellow "Carpenter's Wood Glue."
Looks like a clean break.
Whatta ya got to lose? :lol:
I was thinking the same thing!! :scratch:

E-mail your picture to Walker Briar Works. They just might be able to repair it for you.

Sorry to hear it, but it's actually a relatively straight-forward repair for a good pipesmith. A wee bit-o-glue and a little tubular stainless, and you'll be back in business, and it won't even likely show up much.

Hermit":1hbqyyqy said:
Shit!! Look what I did. :(
jones_10.jpg

I dropped it and the shank snapped like a twig.
It was a very sharp, clean break. I lightly painted
both surfaces with wood glue and clamped it for a
couple of days. I can't detect the repair and I
smoked it tonight. So far, so good. ;)
This repair has held up for nearly a year now and it gets smoked pretty often.

Ouch. At least that will be repairable. The only pipes I travel with are cobs. I don't own a single briar quite that nice but I do own a handful of exquisite snare drums. I always take extra precaution when gigging with them, especially one in particular that is irreplaceable and it would make me sick if something happened to it.

Thank you for the suggestions gentlemen. I have sent Abe an email to see what he can do. I will contact the other places you have suggested or just pull out the glue myself. I'll update this later when I move forward.