I Lost My Father

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christeaux

Reaction score
When I was groing up my father was never there so my god father took over when I was young and became my father. He taught me everything, including what it means to be a man. Late last week I lost him in a car accident, I always thought that men never cried, and I had never seen him cry, but for the first time that I can remember I broke down and I cried. Then I got a half hour notice to pack up and get to Louisiana, because I found out I was getting emergency leave, which I was so grateful for because normally they do not give it in this situation. He was a great man, and he was always strong even after five back surgeries, and we never hugged or said I love you but we knew we did, and he would work me like a mule everyday so I would not grow up to be weak.

I am very sorry to hear of your loss brother. My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

My most sincere condolences. You will be in our prayers. We're here if you need anything.

Sorry to hear the news. It's always harder when it is unexpected. My thoughts are with you brother

Awful news. Hang in there, brother. You're more of a man for acknowledging love doesn't always come in the form of hugs, kisses and soft words. Sometimes it's intent, acknowledgement, application and end-result. To have that in a father (or father-like figure), that's the stuff, right there. Very sorry to hear you lost a good one.

What a year this has been for so many people. :no:

I'm so sorry for your loss. Especially considering the tragic and sudden circumstances. I lost my mother very suddenly last year so I truly do sympathise.
He sounds like a man to truly be proud of.

My sincerest condolences to you and your family. I am truly sorry for your loss!

My sincere condolences for your loss. Because you cried makes you no less a man. I'm sure in his own way, on his own time he shed some tears.

...My families thoughts and prayers are with you...

FOLLOW THE WISPS OF BLUE SMOKE IN HIS HONOR TO THE SKY IN PEACE....

I'm very sorry to hear this, you have my most sincere condolences. I hope you and your family can find support in each other through this painful time.

My condolences. You were blessed to be raised by someone that knew a little heat would make the steel stronger.

Bill