I love music so much I couldn't go without commenting here

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skip48

Reaction score
I love Classic Rock (like on Classic Vinyl on Sat. radio) and Country since the mid 1970's for sure. Was a lover of Elvis, The Beatles and all that came after.

However now my main listening is things like Gary Allan, man that guy and write and sing some great stuff. Then I also like the following a lot...
Billy Currington, Mirianda Lambert, Jamey Johnson, Zac Brown, Lady Antebellum, Sugarland, Toby Keith etc. etc., but can't go without saying Big & Rich as they went my my Sons room at BAMC in San Antonio when he was still in there after he got blew up. Have some picture too in his room. Oh and don't want to leave David Allan Coe either.

Rock, Clapton, Pink Floyd, too many to mention actually and also really like the old R&B and Blues we use to hear in the 1960's and 1970's, but not any more.

Can't leave off ZZ Top either, LOL!

Anyway I am a music nut all the way!
Skip

Nashville Country ain't real Country... :p

Give Dale Watson a listen and you'll see what I mean. 8)

Skip48":j24nn6dt said:
also really like the old R&B and Blues we use to hear in the 1960's and 1970's, but not any more.Skip
Little Charlie and the Nightcats
Hound Dog Taylor and the Houserockers
Lonnie Brooks
Clarence Gatemouth Brown
Lonnie Mack

Clarence Gatemouth Brown was born in Vinton La. and spent a lot of time in Orange Texas, my home town. SO yes I like a lot of that stuff too.

As for "real country" I like it and especially our local George Jones and first saw him in 1963 I think it was on the Louisiana Hay Ride. I like Willie, Waylon and the guys like that. However I like the Nashville Country now as much as I did the old Rock & Roll and actually most of it would have been played on Rock stations if it was 1970. I also go back to the old country and use to listen to Johnny Horton, heck even liked Willie back in 1960 when he was doing things like Hello Walls. So I know both types of country.

Love Clapton's Me and Mr. Johnson too.

Having a senior moment and can't think of who it was did High Heel Sneakers back in the mid 1960's, but he was great too! Lots of them.

Skip

Skip48":w418ubnk said:
[most Nashville Country] would have been played on Rock stations if it was 1970.
That's my impression, too. Nothing wrong with that, of course, music morphs and evolves... Too bad the traditional kind got pushed out of its house (and effectively banned) instead of New Country buying its own, though. :cry:

True, it started in the 1970's when they called it Progressive Country and that moved full time to Nashville sometime in the 1990's and pretty much just took over.

Still The Possum has probably the best country voice ever! I have always been a music mix and can say there are only a few types I don't like something in them, but Rap and especially Hip Hop has nothing for me. Even Classical has a spot in my heart and like hearing the very old classics played on a Piano or even a Harpsichord. Of course lots of the old stuff like Bach was done first on a Harpsichord.

I grew up listening to R&B and that was the start back when Fat's Domino was singing Walkin' To New Orleans. One of the best blues LP's ever was Two Steps From The Blues by Bobby Blue Bland.

If you like Blues and Clapton and have not heard Me and Mr. Johnson, you should.

Skip