I may have just found "my" cigar

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ocelot55

Reaction score
Had a couple of Cain Daytonas at my local B&M and was impressed each time. Thompson sent me a 20% off coupon so I bought a box, plus it came with a free Oliva 10 stick sampler.

So far I've smoked two from the box. Lip-smackin' good! Spicy black pepper up front that fades into a creamy, sweet core of vanilla, cedar, and nuts. Nice aromatic smoke. Solid medium to full body.

A box has 24 cigars and at around 100 bucks that is do-able, plus they carry smaller ring gauges which are my preference. Should last me about 2 months on top of the other monthly samplers I get.  

Hopefully I won't set bored with them 10-15 sticks in.

cs-cad.jpg

Nice. Ever try a My Father "Le Bijou" petite, uh, robusto? Love those.

Bluefisher":m78nrb3u said:
Nice. Ever try a My Father "Le Bijou" petite, uh, robusto? Love those.
Tried em. Not quite the price point or flavour profile I was looking for. Good cigar, though.

Interesting. The flavor profile you describe is exactly in my wheel house. For years I would only smoke Maduro Fuente Grand Reserve Canones. Not because I like large cigars but simply due to the fact that for some reason that ring gauge and length gave ample time for all sort of excellent flavors to develop. They were slightly sweet, soft, creamy and had a good peppery flavor. In the last 5-6 years Fuentes have not been the same, and I have been unable to find something that I enjoy that much at an affordable price point.

I'll look into these for sure. :D 

DrumsAndBeer":75szgwnk said:
Interesting. The flavor profile you describe is exactly in my wheel house. For years I would only smoke Maduro Fuente Grand Reserve Canones. Not because I like large cigars but simply due to the fact that for some reason that ring gauge and length gave ample time for all sort of excellent flavors to develop. They were slightly sweet, soft, creamy and had a good peppery flavor. In the last 5-6 years Fuentes have not been the same, and I have been unable to find something that I enjoy that much at an affordable price point.

I'll look into these for sure. :D 

I think you'll enjoy them. I have the coronas, 6 x 46. Many times I'll smoke a cigar and not be satisfied. After one of these bad boys I feel I can quit as opposed to grab another cigar.

PM me your address and I'll send you a couple.

I gave up trying to keep cigars. Winters here are dry enough that even good humidors seem to drop in humidity to an absurd degree even with multiple humidification devices, and I always get sick of cigars a bit of the way into a box. I suppose I could fix that by ordering samplers but it feels like too much for me to be bothered to keep up on when I work five minutes away from one of the premiere tobacconists in the country.

Oh, and I should also mention the Tatuaje Petite Cazadoes Reserva - it's the little one with the Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper and the closed foot. Might be more what you're after.

I ordered a box of them after buying a couple out of curiosity this summer. Great cigar and good deals can be found.
I've smoked about half of them and right now they're at the top of the list for a re-order.

I too am disillusioned with cigars-just too damn expensive. I love them but typically only like the $8+:

Don Pepin Blue
Don Pepin My Father
Padron Anni '26

The cigar that was the exception was the Tatuaje Havana VI.

Even if I pay for a tin of, say, Irish Flake, that tin is going to give me 10 smokes and for that price I can buy one cigar.

The Jaime Garcia my father series is excellent I have yet to find a stick I didn't like, and my wife loves his daughters line called La Dueña

all very good smokes, but yeah hard for the average man to fill up his humidor with a lot of them but In don't mind treating myself to one when we go to the B&M to hang out and smoke and shoot the bull

Both the daily Cigar Monster "Mega Mashups" and Cigarbid are great for saving money some smokes. you have to be patient, because it will often be a few weeks before something you want comes up and you're their in time to grab it, but my humidor is full and I'm not in any rush. Got two five packs of La Duena petite belicosos for $50 total with free shipping and no tax a few weeks ago. now, for the usual $8 those are a good deal as it is. a damn fine cigar IMHO. But for $5 a stick, those are a GREAT deal.

I use cigar bid on a regular basis, I find a lot of good deals on there, but I also have taken chances on some sticks I wish I wouldn't have

If you use cbid regularly, I'd like to share this with you:

http://sloppymcnubble.com/cbid/

You may be familiar with it already, but if not I find it useful. When it comes to cbid I tend to look for what I think are great but under the radar sticks. Liga Privada, most Tatuaje, etc are usually bidded over retail. You can find great deals on EP Carillo, La Duena, etc.