I REALLY Need to Move

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZeroContent

Reaction score
I think I need to move to a new part of the city that isn't so ghetto, this has to be the 4th day in a row where we've had helicopters flying around looking for someone or following some sort of crime in progress. Hopefully they don't buzz the place when people are looking at the house to possibly buy it and the people across the street put their damn kids on a leash. We got kids running around the neighborhood in their diapers without an adult in sight. I know the poem below doesn't always rhyme, but who cares.

Ode to New Hampshire:
How I miss thee New Hampshire.

Someday soon I will leave this godforsaken flat ghettofied corn field called Columbus, OH.
For hills and mountains and where no one cheers for college football teams of schools they could never get into. (OSU anyone)

Where the rivers have fish that are safe to eat and are not polluted by big-agriculture run off by the ton,
Where bodies of water are clear and you can actually see the bottom.
(In the 5 years i've lived here I don't think I've every seen the Scioto river running clear)

Where only workin' folks can live because rent or property taxes are so high,
But there's no sales tax so I'm not screw when an item is 4.99 and I only have a 5.

I'll miss the ethnic grocery stores but that's ok, we have the internet now and packages can be sent my way.

Where my water will come from a well in the ground,
and isn't laced with chemicals that turns my tub brown. (it's more of a rusty red)

Where in the winter we have hills and enough snow to snowmobile, ski and have fun,
and the kids aren't whimps and go to school even if the temperature is 1.
(seriously, the first year I live here the kids were off school because it was too cold, there wasn't even a speck of snow on the ground, it was just too cold)

Think that pretty much cover it.

I'm picturing beatniks playing bongos behind you for your Poetry Jam.

Seriously, the "school cancelled for cold" cracks me up, and I don't even come from "real" New England (or so my Mainer girlfriend tells me repeatedly.) Four inches of snow here means an hour delay, and (if you're lucky) a ride to school from Mom instead of the Big Yellow Taxi.

6 inches on the road is a 2 hour delay and then no matter how much it snows, if it stops before 5am you're going to school because the roads will be clean by 7. Here, unless there's more than 6 inches any side streets they don't even plow, main roads take a couple days. I think Columbus, 1 million people in the area, have less plow and salt trucks then Cheshire county, NH, less than 100,000 people. :)

Oh yeah and in Ohio there are "snow emergencies" where you legally can't even be on the roads to even go to work if it's a "level 3" i feel like a kid again hoping it snows enough that I don't have to go to work and get a free paid day off.

Growing up in Alaska, I can remember only two, count 'em, two, school days that were cancelled due to weather. (I am talking K through 12 here!) There were probably a few more than that, but, basically, if we're not at war, then it's time to go to school/work, regardless of conditions. One time, a few years ago, it snowed, no kidding, over 36 inches in 24 hours. I couldn't even open my front door! But I went to work that day, dag nabbit!

Where I work we are reminded by the commissioner every year that everybody in the entire system is, by definition, an "essential" public service employee. Meaning, if the governor tells "everybody" to stay off the roads that day because they're bad, it means everybody except us.

It's one of the ways they make us feel important :lol!:

:face:

C'mon the blue jackets are playing some decent hckey right now! How much does a ticket to a hockey game cost in columbus?

ZeroContent":pg7tw8g0 said:
I miss my Bruins though.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

i know you didn't mean me, but obviously i'm a huge fan! i can't believe they didn't hang on to satan. lesson learned, don't buy hocket shirts with names on them, they won't be any good in a year.

Back to the moving thing. I feel you on that except that it is not because of snow here. It might be the lack of it or just the amount of heat and humidity. We are going to move to a different neighborhood but I also need that house in the mountains of either Virginia or NC so if any of you guys know of one that someone is giving away for free, please let me know.