I started a forum

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Jeff

Reaction score
Called Great Lakes Pipe Smokers. I wanted to try and bring together people in my part of the country. I feel a regional pipe forum is a pretty good idea and might make a nice little online community. So if you are from the states or provinces surrounding the lakes, come check it out. However, anyone would be welcome. Come on by at http://greatlakespipesmokers.freeforums.org/

I don't mean to be ugly... but, I thought we already did a pretty good job of doing all that right here at Brothers of Briar!!! Plus, we get the benefit of making and having friends all over the world!!!!!!!!!

I'm one who pretty much prescribes to the school of thought that says, "If it ain't broke... don't fix it!!" I haven't found anything "broke" about BoB yet. And, if it were, I've no doubt that Jason would have it "fixed" before most of us noticed anything was wrong!!!

Again, I don't mean this in an ugly way. But, you've made a whopping 27 posts in the 18 months that you've been a member. To me, your posting that you've started a new pipe smoking forum is tantamount to walking into a fine restaurant, plopping down at a table, and ordering a glass of ice water as you open your McDonald's sack!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Just out of curiosity... did you get Jason's permission... or permission from anyone else on the forum before posting this???

Just my $.02 worth!

Robert

It's OK, have fun and hope you make some friends with it. We only want a friendly fraternity here, anything related to pipes that doesn't infringe on anyone else is fair for posting. We love Smokers Forums and the other pipe related forums and websites and we don't consider ourselves to have any proprietary ties so long as you don't take our stuff. Hell, put up a link to us on your forum :)

I simply do not have the time for another board. I belong to so many. Mr_Jeff, you might want to check into Tri State Pipe and Tobacco Club. They are centered a bit south of you. But have regular meetings and a forum. I am a member there also. Perhaps some of them are not far from you. Not to make light of your forum. Everyone can start one if they wish. But often times there are fellow pipe smokers nearby that we are totally unaware of. Kind of nice to get together and chat once in a while. All the best. :sunny:

Puff Daddy":4ehwmemn said:
It's OK, have fun and hope you make some friends with it. We only want a friendly fraternity here, anything related to pipes that doesn't infringe on anyone else is fair for posting. We love Smokers Forums and the other pipe related forums and websites and we don't consider ourselves to have any proprietary ties so long as you don't take our stuff. Hell, put up a link to us on your forum :)
Alright, Puff! I sincerely didn't mean anything ugly... I swear!!! I've just come to think an awful lot of the guys and gal around here. And, I had somewhat of a knee jerk reaction... I guess!

If Puff is approving and going to wish you well, I join him in wishing you well!!!! ;)

Robert

Harlock999":slioo1ag said:
You're a :king: in my :study:, Beebiz!
Thanks, brother H!! I only wish I could find my jewels!!!!!
:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

Robert

beebiz":7j4c6ogq said:
Harlock999":7j4c6ogq said:
Thanks, brother H!! I only wish I could find my jewels!!!!!
:lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

Robert
Crown Jewels Rob? C'mon man I'm sure they're there somewhere :lol!:

Harlock999":1yz1yvxm said:
Fricking Big fat Frikkkkkin Ditto That man!!
With cherries on man!!!!

beebiz":gq8r34c1 said:
I don't mean to be ugly... but, I thought we already did a pretty good job of doing all that right here at Brothers of Briar!!! Plus, we get the benefit of making and having friends all over the world!!!!!!!!!

I'm one who pretty much prescribes to the school of thought that says, "If it ain't broke... don't fix it!!" I haven't found anything "broke" about BoB yet. And, if it were, I've no doubt that Jason would have it "fixed" before most of us noticed anything was wrong!!!

Again, I don't mean this in an ugly way. But, you've made a whopping 27 posts in the 18 months that you've been a member. To me, your posting that you've started a new pipe smoking forum is tantamount to walking into a fine restaurant, plopping down at a table, and ordering a glass of ice water as you open your McDonald's sack!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Just out of curiosity... did you get Jason's permission... or permission from anyone else on the forum before posting this???

Just my $.02 worth!

Robert
I'm sorry you feel that way. My post count is irrelevant, I respond to a thread only when I have something to contribute. I don't feel that anything is broken here, which is why I did not post in the general on topic forum. The reason for starting a forum is to connect people in my part of the country. I have friends all over the world as a result of the forums I belong to, but the odds of my interacting with them on any level other than the exchange of electrons is slim to none. I will gladly refund your two cents if you like.

Carlos":8l338hhk said:
I simply do not have the time for another board. I belong to so many. Mr_Jeff, you might want to check into Tri State Pipe and Tobacco Club. They are centered a bit south of you. But have regular meetings and a forum. I am a member there also. Perhaps some of them are not far from you. Not to make light of your forum. Everyone can start one if they wish. But often times there are fellow pipe smokers nearby that we are totally unaware of. Kind of nice to get together and chat once in a while. All the best. :sunny:
Thank you for the info, Carlos. I already belong to the IAPSC, and the forum I started is also for the benefit of out members there. We recently had our international convention and pipe smoking contest, however I thought more contact than once per year would benefit the clubs. These days the majority of our member reside in the Great Lakes region. Thanks again.

beebiz, my initial reaction was same as yours...protective i guess. sorry mr. jeff for the bristling up. hope you find some more pipe smoking friends in your neck of the woods. strange though, how the BoB guys are spread out all over the world and there's no other people i'd rather smoke with, even though it can't happen with a lot of them. good luck on your endeavor though. if it don't work out like you figured, you can always join us. we do all right.

I would like to take a sentence to wish you well in your branching out before a minor rant....

Guys.. Post counts don't mean a thing... They aren't indicative of a posters knowledge. They aren't about seniority. They don't grant any rights or privileges.. A high post count just means you post a lot... And this coming from the number two post count guy...would a been number one but I took a six month hiatus...lol..

Example.. Look at GLPs post count... You gonna listen to him?????
Franknluke has a low post count but I bet he finds the high grade you want at a better price than I can..... LL has a decent post count, was he some how less qualified 1000 post ago???

BOB is for the bros by the bros... My bro don't talk as much as me...doesn't make him less my bro.

When I made reference to the post count, I was not using it as a measuring device to determine anyone's seniority, worthiness to be listened to, or anything else that even vaguely resembles anything like that!!!! And, because it would appear that I have already angered/offended Jeff with my original comments, I will not go into what my reasoning was behind the reference to his post count.

By the way, PB... I've not seen either you or Greg start any threads in which you announced your creation of a new pipe smoking forum and invited the members of BoB to join up!!

Jeff, I appreciate your offer to refund my $.02. But, I've already put it in your pocket! It was well intended. And, it might be that some day you may reach in your pocket, find it, and find that you have a positive use for it!!

Jeff, as I pointed out three times already, I did not mean anything that I said in an "ugly" way... meaning I did not tender my statements with any venom or intentions to do harm. Yet, you appear to have taken them that way. I am sorry that you did. But, I do not apologize for anything that I have said or for my motives!

I have belonged to many forums in my internet surfing tenure. And, I have never come across another open forum in which the spirits of brotherhood and comradery were as thick as they are here at BoB. They are so thick here that there are times when I have to brush them from my face and eyes in order to see anything else!! That, sir, is a very rare thing these days!!!!

Because of this and the way I have been treated here, I feel as close to many of the brothers as I do to my own flesh and blood family... regardless of the fact that some of them are on the other side of the earth from me!!! As such, I am fiercely defensive of them... just as I am of my own flesh and blood family!!! I do not apologize to you or anyone else for this!!! And, if you cannot understand my feelings and thoughts....... well.... not wanting to anger you further, I will keep the balance of that sentiment to myself!!

In closing, I simply say that I wish you the best in your endeavors, my fellow pipe smoker!! ;)

Robert

beebiz":0buf3luu said:
When I made reference to the post count, I was not using it as a measuring device to determine anyone's seniority, worthiness to be listened to, or anything else that even vaguely resembles anything like that!!!! And, because it would appear that I have already angered/offended Jeff with my original comments, I will not go into what my reasoning was behind the reference to his post count. Yes, that is exactly what you intended or you would not have mentioned it

By the way, PB... I've not seen either you or Greg start any threads in which you announced your creation of a new pipe smoking forum and invited the members of BoB to join up!! You're kidding yourself. If Greg Pease announced he was starting a forum, people would sign up in droves. And if he announced it here, the endeavor would be applauded from one end to the other. He doesn't have to do that, though. He is an accomplished blender with a website and a loyal following.

Jeff, I appreciate your offer to refund my $.02. But, I've already put it in your pocket! It was well intended. And, it might be that some day you may reach in your pocket, find it, and find that you have a positive use for it!!

Jeff, as I pointed out three times already, I did not mean anything that I said in an "ugly" way... meaning I did not tender my statements with any venom or intentions to do harm. Yet, you appear to have taken them that way. I am sorry that you did. But, I do not apologize for anything that I have said or for my motives! Just because you say something is not ugly does not make it so.

I have belonged to many forums in my internet surfing tenure. And, I have never come across another open forum in which the spirits of brotherhood and comradery were as thick as they are here at BoB. They are so thick here that there are times when I have to brush them from my face and eyes in order to see anything else!! That, sir, is a very rare thing these days!!!! Rare, yes. But not unique to BoB. A common thread on many forums is the discussion of what other forums you belong to. Therefore, it is not anathema to present opportunities to interested parties. You will find that many who belong here also belong to several other pipe forums.

Because of this and the way I have been treated here, I feel as close to many of the brothers as I do to my own flesh and blood family... regardless of the fact that some of them are on the other side of the earth from me!!! As such, I am fiercely defensive of them... just as I am of my own flesh and blood family!!! I do not apologize to you or anyone else for this!!! And, if you cannot understand my feelings and thoughts....... well.... not wanting to anger you further, I will keep the balance of that sentiment to myself!! You are very melodramatic. You haven't angered me, I thought you wanted to debate the issue.

In closing, I simply say that I wish you the best in your endeavors, my fellow pipe smoker!! ;) OK

Robert

Mr jeff.. Come back and see us..

Beebiz.. Just let it go..

Fellers if your in the great lakes go visit jeff...

Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.