I stopped lurking!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milkmanv1

Reaction score
Hey all,

BoB seems to be one of the most active pipesmokers forums, so I figured its time to sign up. I'm a member over on Badger and Blade too, but not terribly active.

I joined up partially to get email notifications from the RATS thread. But I'm always looking for recommendations on good/new tobaccos. Not to mention restoring a pipe or two when I can find something worthwhile at a local fleamarket.

I'm sure I'll have some questions to ask down the road, and will enjoy my time here. Looking forward to accessing the trading post too!

Welcome to the brotherhood.

You know how it works...check the threads, etc.

Brewdude":vzox5tb2 said:
So stop lurking and get to posting already!

:D 

And welcome to BoB.

Cheers,

RR
I have to find something to post about first!

monbla256":vzox5tb2 said:
Howdy yall  :twisted:  Where ya from?
Trenton NJ! Not too many B&M's that are worth while around here though, I doubt pipes are very popular in the immediate area. There is one pipe shop - "DiFranco's" around here, but from what I gather its a shell of what it used to be.

Charles DiFranco was a pipe-maker, and a damn good one too from the work of his that i've seen. However he died a few years back, and presently the shop is not so great. Theres not a lot in there, its a bit pricy (New Jersey does have crazy tobacco taxes though) and, almost every time I try to go, even during hours when theyre supposed to be open, the place is closed. Who knows how much longer they'll be open.

Thankfully theres a host of great online retailers though!

Welcome! You'll find pretty all you'll need info-wise that you're looking (lurking?) for, though you may also get occasional info you don't need. :p