I think I found my new fav!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Dunhill 965! It's got the robustness I like, and burns dry and has a great taste and room presence. It also has a significant Nicotine punch. You are reading a happy man this evening. My wife even likes the room presence, too. 8)

It's a great smoke indeed Tom.. I had a almost full tin of it and was sharing it with a friend.. He is older than I am and fell in love with it.. So as It was gifted to me in the first place I gifted it to him.. I will order some more down the road but your not only happy but lucky if the Wife likes the room presence.. I can't even smoke in my home.. :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:
Chuck..

965 is a true classic - I used to love the stuff & buy it in bulk (still have half a pound in the cellar) but haven't smoked it recently. Good one that your wife likes the smell.

Well, I do have to say I used a strategic stinky tobacco first. I chopped up a Swisher Sweet into a flake cut and loaded that into a junky old Bryco I have from my evil younger days when I used to have to put a brass screen in the bottom of a pipe (I miss the 70's),m and it STUNK! :affraid: She really appreciated the Dunhill. :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:
velveteagle":5r55mjjc said:
It's a great smoke indeed Tom.. I had a almost full tin of it and was sharing it with a friend.. He is older than I am and fell in love with it.. So as It was gifted to me in the first place I gifted it to him.. I will order some more down the road but your not only happy but lucky if the Wife likes the room presence.. I can't even smoke in my home.. :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:
Chuck..

I'm new to all of the Dunhill blends; what would you compare 965 to?

Harlock999":vrd9kwbd said:
Sex in a pipe.......that's what I'd compare it to.

It's a mix of unflavored brown Cavendish, small leaf Latakia and Macedonian Bright. It has a really pleasant aroma, a bit of a nutty undertone, with a sweetness on the top from the Bright. It pleases the whole tongue, and if you don't go nuts stoking up the pipe too hot, absolutely no bite. I wouldn't smoke it on an empty stomach, though, or you might get that feeling you got when you stole one of Dad's stogies when you were 10 and got green aboot the gills.

About the only way I could think to improve it might be to add a bit of Perique, and then I'm not sure that wouldn't be guilding the lilly.

All I can say is try it.

Tom Stormcrowe":r14r31ns said:
Harlock999":r14r31ns said:

It's a mix of unflavored brown Cavendish, small leaf Latakia and Macedonian Bright. It has a really pleasant aroma, a bit of a nutty undertone, with a sweetness on the top from the Bright. It pleases the whole tongue, and if you don't go nuts stoking up the pipe too hot, absolutely no bite. I wouldn't smoke it on an empty stomach, though, or you might get that feeling you got when you stole one of Dad's stogies when you were 10 and got green aboot the gills.

About the only way I could think to improve it might be to add a bit of Perique, and then I'm not sure that wouldn't be guilding the lilly.

All I can say is try it.
Thanks! I will give it a try!

No problem.

Apparently, my cat likes it too. She just jumped up in my lap and was sniffing the stem as some smoke was curling out, and started purring loudly.

Tom Stormcrowe":a6t78jsg said:
Harlock999":a6t78jsg said:
Never tried "Sex in a pipe", I've had sex on the beach............ :p
Great post and welcome to B.O.B. btw! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Wow, first pipe of the morning, and I felt like I'd flashed back to my misspent youth and accidentally loaded the bowl with an entirely different kind of smoking material. :drunken:

It's been a while since I got a nico-buzz off the first pipe of the day. :shock:

I used to get it from pipesandcigars. It's no longer available - tins only.

You've gotta watch yourself associating a great tobacco with . . um . . . er . . . that other peak experience. It can occasion a pretty negative reaction :lol: :lol: :lol:

:face: