I think I just met my summer fling.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been into the Stormfront lately as well... Smoked a bowl of it this morning in a little Dunhill poker. It IS going to make a fine summer companion. Need to order MORE!!! Lol

...and I know this is random but on the 4th we had guests over and a buddy asked me if I had any cigarettes or just a bunch of pipes haha so I rolled him a cig using some Stormfront!!! I rolled one for myself just because I was curious; I don't smoke cigs anymore but in the interest of science....

It was the best cigarette I've ever smoked!

...But not quite as good as it is in a cob or briar

I have had some time to spend with Storm Front in my Ben Wade prince thanks to a generous sample which was sent my way. I have not smoked a burley in over a month. The tin of Frog Morton Across the Pond has been my regular smoke for the past few weeks.

It was an unexpected surprise when a char light made this tobacco start working immediately. Normally the pipe requires the normal 2 light process, but not with Storm Front.

I smelled a hint of cigar leaf in the air around me from the beginning. The cigar flavor is not necessarily in the mouth or even on the release through the nostrils. The cigar smell is in the air around me. It is quite fun to release a puff of smoke and then breathe back in a small amount to catch the fragrance of the cigar. The last cigar I smoked was in a Cigar room in the Caribbean. My mind took me straight back to that spot.

The tobacco burns so easy. Not requiring the many relights of the Frog Morton. While replying to some e-mails I allowed the pipe to go out.

On the relight, oh my goodness, billows of smoke was released. This stuff really performs easily. Granted the burley blends are a bit lighter than most of the Virginias I smoke, but oh what fun this tobacco is. Like most tobaccos, there is a certain temperature or ignition point where this one really shines. If you can keep the pipe burning at just the right point, this tobacco will richly reward you.

My previous try of butternut burley left me a little flat on the whole burley group. I will not start adding a lot of burleys to the cellar but this one was done right. I will be ordering a pound of this when it becomes available again.

A coworker got a little of this today. I look forward to hearing his take on it tomorrow.

photo-11.jpg

Nice to hear someone who isn't a regular burley smoker say he likes Storm Front. And BTW, it's back in stock.

Brewdude":duc1irxv said:
SF is a great toby. I've been away from it for a while. Looks like I need to re-visit.

Thanks for the prompt!

8)

Cheers,

RR

Haha...if I had a dollar for every time you said this, BD...I'd be swimming in tobak!! And it seems like you always have some of everything in your celler..rock on!

Blackhorse":871rh0zb said:
To be honest...I've never heard of ANYBODY that tried StormFront for the first time that didn't fall in love with it immediately.
This. :D

It's probably the most universal smoke I know.

Just to confirm BH's post...I just received my first batch of Stormfront. I think it just became my new favorite.

deepbass9":b5f5ddki said:
Brewdude":b5f5ddki said:
SF is a great toby. I've been away from it for a while. Looks like I need to re-visit.

Thanks for the prompt!

8)

Cheers,

RR

Haha...if I had a dollar for every time you said this, BD...I'd be swimming in tobak!! And it seems like you always have some of everything in your celler..rock on!

My cellar isn't nearly as deep as you may think. But I do have some of the blends that get a lot of attention here. SF is one of them, and BH turned me onto it.

:tongue:

Cheers,

RR

The infamous Blackhorse helped me try Storm Front also. My order from 4noggins is on its way.

BTW my co-worker tried some of my "sample" and really liked it also. He is taking it to Panama City Beach with him this weekend. We are testing the tobaccos characteristics as a chic magnet. 8)