I think I've reached a milestone

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Centurian 803

Reaction score
In the last couple of days I have experienced pipesmoking joy like I remembered from my youth but haven't enjoyed in the couple of years since I started smoking the pipe again.
Not sure what I'm doing right but day before yesterday I was smoking some Frog Morton in an Amphora Prince when I suddenly realised that it was tasting wonderful. I smoke the venerable Frog a lot but this was just something special. It was as if my taste buds just woke up. Tried two more bowls throughout the day with the same results both times.
Yesterday I packed some McCrannies After Hours in my Radice Rind and about halfway through the bowl; nirvana! Just finished another bowl about half an hour ago and same thing.
Obviously the taste of the two tobaccos was different but the experience of a fullness of flavor and depth of pleasure was the same for both. If this keeps up (or gets better) I may have to quit my job and smoke full time. :bounce: :D

That's great to hear! I love it when that happens..whether it's me or someone else.

Jim..waiting til the pollen clears before it's liable to happen to me.

Fantastic news CENTURIAN!
I agree with Ol'Dawg.......
Good on you mate, enjoy! Would it not be great to find a fixed formula for such an experience? :shock:

Awesome Centurian! Let me know how that full time smoking pays off rather than working for a living! :lol:

icon_cyclops.gif
Far out!
icon_cyclops.gif

I know just what you mean. It doesn't happen with every bowl or even every 50th bowl for that matter but when it does it's surely special. Some of us call this "in the zone". for me, it's usually with a Va or burley flake and it happens about 1/2 down the bowl. Pure joy. Utter bliss! :cheers:

Oh, man! I love it when a familiar pipe transcends even "the Zone". Enjoy it!