I'd like a 9mm to 6mm stepdown filter adapter

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLowlyApprentice

Reaction score
Both 9mm filter pipes and 6mm filter pipes offer a stepdown adapter to 3mm which I assume is the standard size draught hole.

Most of my pipes have 6mm filter capability, but I've seen a number of pipes which interest me but they are 9mm models.

I'd probably buy some of them if someone would make a simple stepdown adapter to go from 9mm to 6mm so I could use 6mm balsa filters if I wanted to, or use the 9mm to 3mm adapter which is readily available for sale.

Any thoughts?

TLA

I don't recall ever seeing a 9mm to 6 mm step-down adapter. You can always use a 9mm balsa filter made by Savinelli. :)

AJ

Eric Furgeson":lwuw2f61 said:
You could alway buy a 9mm to 3mm adapter and bore it out to 6mm.

That's a really good idea.

I'll have to buy a few of the 9mm to 3mm and find someone who could do that for me.

I think it could really work.

Many thanks!

TLA

TheLowlyApprentice":2kqnva3p said:
Eric Furgeson":2kqnva3p said:

I'll have to buy a few of the 9mm to 3mm and find someone who could do that for me.

Many thanks!

TLA
Your very welcome. All you really need is a drill, the proper size bit, and a small vise to hold the adapter while enlarging the center hole so the filter fits.

Eric Furgeson":48v20a65 said:
TheLowlyApprentice":48v20a65 said:
Eric Furgeson":48v20a65 said:

Many thanks!

TLA
Your very welcome. All you really need is a drill, the proper size bit, and a small vise to hold the adapter while enlarging the center hole so the filter fits.
Yup, sounds pretty easy, even for me.......... You could also try an abrasive rod saw and use it like a file.

[qoute] Yup, sounds pretty easy, even for me.......... You could also try an abrasive rod saw and use it like a file.[/quote]

Oh somehow I think you have the ability to fab one from raw stock if you have a mind to.

Eric Furgeson":n1snj8mx said:
[qoute] Yup, sounds pretty easy, even for me.......... You could also try an abrasive rod saw and use it like a file.
Oh somehow I think you have the ability to fab one from raw stock if you have a mind to.[/quote]

Stop using filters. Problem solved. 6mm fillers are way longer than 9mm so i think you'd have a length issue between the 9mm to 6. Never see a 3 mil so i don't know how long those are.

ZeroContent said:
Stop using filters. Problem solved. 6mm fillers are way longer than 9mm so i think you'd have a length issue between the 9mm to 6. Never see a 3 mil so i don't know how long those are.[/quote

I a embearased to the to admit I did not even think of that. Looks like back to the drawing board as they say.]