Ideas for Sixth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikem

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sorry about not getting this out earlier but it is that time of year again for another Spring Forward Box Pass. Due to work and financial restraints I will not be able to get this pass out until the end of February/first week of March. Having said that I need to ask the group a couple of questions.

• Is there enough interest here at BoB to hold the Sixth Spring Forward Pass?
  • Did everyone like the two boxes or would everyone prefer just one box, or an option to participate in just one of the two boxes going around? One of the complaints over last years pass that I heard was not enough samples or by the time they got the box the stuff was gone (i.e. Greg Pease's generous gift for us to sample). Is the two box pass a financial hardship for participating? The one box method tends to make for a larger box going around that also can end up being a hassle shipping.
  • If there is enough interest (I would like to see at least twelve to fifteen people minimum, and I already have three participants signed up so at least nine more to go)?
  • I'm thinking about putting a three tin max trade clause in the pass so that the first one or two participants don't grab all of the new stuff/blends right off the bat.
  • Last but not least, what new blends would you like to see in this years pass? Bulks for sampling, tins for trading.
  • If two boxes do you like the one box East and one box West method? or would you prefer me to just randomly pick the names out of a hat for the mailing order?
  • Do you want to include some cigars in this years pass for trading?
Please let me know what you think by posting here or sending me a pm. Thanks again everyone.

Hi Mike,

I very much enjoyed a previous box pass and would like to participate again. I have an idea to present to you. If you would contact me via email we could discuss it.

Thanks, Bill

I'm in as usual! I think the one box is fine but two wasn't bad either. Other than that no ideas.

I'd really like to see just one box Mike. It all got a bit too complicated last year. But in the end, this is your show completely. Do what you think would be best...

Mike -- count me in on the Box Pass! I voted two boxes... only because I have never done it and thought it would be cool. Thanks for putting this together!

Hi Mike, I voted 1 box, keep things simple, also the "old-timers", might want to "take", just one tin, "putting" in 2 or more for the newbies, Ken. :tongue:
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue: From The Frigid Northeast Kingdom! :tongue: :pale: :penguin:

I'm not quite sure of the logistics of how this all works, but it sounds like something I'd definitely want in on!

I am just trying to get my mind around the fact that it is time to start organizing another spring pass! Where has the time gone???!!!

I just finished my first box pass over in the Pipe Room at Cigar Pass and it was awesome. The organizer put a twist on the typical pass and it added a whole different level to it which was great!

I'm definitely in for this.

Would love to particpate in this in any format you chose Mike. Thanks for your persoanl investment of time and effort. :cheers:

Hi Mike,

For me I'd like to see one box, and more tins to trade and less samples, as far as the tins it would be nice to see some nice quality tins this time around.

Please count me in,

Thanks, Dan

Obviously; I was one of the few who voted for two boxes but I yield to those who favor one only. Count me in.
Grant

I'd like to participate in the fun again.

I'd prefer to see tins to trade and sample. There are some great bulks that I've gotten to try. The only problem with bulks is that we sometime end up shipping around some Altas samplers and local B&M blends that nobody really wants. I'm not sure how to prevent that. Maybe only bulks that are 3 and 4 star rated in Tobacco Reviews?

I'm not particularly interested in the cigars.

Thanks for putting this together Mike.

-- Gary