If I Was King of The Pipe World

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All hail the king!:king:

And maybe, your highness, a decree requiring perfectly centered drilling from bowl to tenon? If it pleases thee...

:cyclops: ..............and all pipes would pass the cleaner test............with no gurgles allowed........

AND!..............All the pipes would belong to ME!
Well, most of them anyway.

Cartaphilus":odjz8q5b said:
you see Ron, that's why you don't get good marks for "works and plays well with others" ;)

Fumus":a6qgyeuk said:
Cartaphilus":a6qgyeuk said:
you see Ron, that's why you don't get good marks for "works and plays well with others"  ;)
Hey! I said almost. All the ones you all own now ya can keep but, any that are up for grabs are mine. ;)
What's being King if ya can't have what ya want.......within reason of course.

And ALL pipes would have wide, thin. handcut Fishtail bits, even Pete's !! No P-Lips allowed !! :twisted: :twisted:

Fr_Tom":bjn419qf said:
Puff Daddy":bjn419qf said:
And all bits would have a deep, wide "V" cut into them.
Ignorant as I am, I am not sure what this feature is...
That is also known as the slot, the narrow hole at the end of the stem.

Fr_Tom":2mbjzelt said:
Puff Daddy":2mbjzelt said:
And all bits would have a deep, wide "V" cut into them.
Ignorant as I am, I am not sure what this feature is...
What DGE said and because most if not all factory pipes have just got a slight if any "V"
cut. And with a substantial one cut in about a 1/4" it provides a better draw and can stop gurgle in some instances. ;)

Cartaphilus":7uqp1f72 said:
What DGE said and because most if not all factory pipes have just got a slight if any "V"
cut. And with a substantial one cut in about a 1/4" it provides a better draw and can stop gurgle in some instances. ;)
Ah - the V is the portion inside the stem at the bit. I understand now. Sorry to be so dense.

Fr_Tom":1fgh2ros said:
Cartaphilus":1fgh2ros said:
Ah - the V is the portion inside the stem at the bit. I understand now. Sorry to be so dense.
With all the jargon we use about our pipes, it takes a while to get it all.

...I would claim droit de seigneur. And if I liked her a lot, you wouldn't get her back. ;)

Richard Burley":zncjlixk said:
...I would claim droit de seigneur. And if I liked her a lot, you wouldn't get her back. ;)
Talk about, "Not playing well with others" invoking medieval practices. :fpalm:

Note to self:  Don't buy any used pipes from Richard Burley.   :shock:

Cartaphilus":gsl5hbqt said:
Richard Burley":gsl5hbqt said:
Talk about, "Not playing well with others" invoking medieval practices. :fpalm:
Hey, it works for the church--some more than others. :twisted: