If PB wasn't married he'd move to OK for this one, I bet

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LL

Reaction score
Cushing - Officials have released the 911 tape from this morning's home invasion shooting that left an intruder dead from a shotgun blast.

It happened in Cushing, about 50 miles west of Tulsa in Lincoln County. Police say the female homeowner was awakened by her barking dog and called 911. While she was on the phone with dispatchers, police say she warned the intruder that she had a weapon.

Authorities say the intruder, identified as Billy Dean Riley, ignored the woman's warning and threw a chair through the window. That's when the woman opened fire.

The 911 call details the tense moments before the woman opened fire. It does not contain the actual shooting.

RESIDENT - "Oh crap he's coming around the front..."

911 - "Is your front door locked?"

RESIDENT - "Yes ma'am but it's only got a lock on the handle."

911 - "Okay, do you have a place inside your house and lock yourself in a room?"

RESIDENT - "Uh, not really."

911 - "He's trying to come through the front door."

RESIDENT - "i've got a big shotgun. I'm not going into a tiny bathroom..."

RESIDENT - "He's walking around the house trying to find a way in..."

RESIDENT - "Oh crap, he's at the back..."

911 - "Okay , (unintelligible) is advising that you can defend your property if you need to."

RESIDENT - "Alright he's at the garage."

911 - "He's at the garage? Is it attached to your house?"

RESIDENT - "Nope, he's at the patio door again."

911 - "I can hear him banging again."

RESIDENT - "I don't want to have to kill this man, but i'll kill him graveyard dead ma'am."

911 - "I understand."

RESIDENT - "Alright."

RESIDENT - Oh crap he's breaking in. he's breaking in now, he's breaking in now. He's breaking the window, i'm going to kill him. He's walking back and forth on the porch. He looks to be an older man, I don't want to kill him. He's kicking the door please hurry. He's going to make it in please hurry ma'am. I think he's on drugs. He doesn't know where his pickup's at. God I don't want to kill this man."

RESIDENT - "I cant keep this gun and keep on the phone darling, it's a big shotgun, it will break my arm. As soon as you tell me they're here I'm taking the safety, uh... Damn!" (unintelligible)

Good for her :cheers:

I know she didn't want to kill him 'graveyard dead' but I don't see that she had much choice and gave him plenty of warning ... sometimes you just live too far away from help.

It's a damn shame when one person has to take the life of another person and I'm sure it will bother her from now on. But...It was his choice. He forced it on her and she is the victim. I just hope she realizes that and doesn't start blaming herself for something she had no control over. :x

Centurian 803":b09mhonh said:
It's a damn shame when one person has to take the life of another person and I'm sure it will bother her from now on. But...It was his choice. He forced it on her and she is the victim. I just hope she realizes that and doesn't start blaming herself for something she had no control over. :x
Most people I know that have had to shoot someone remember it for the rest of their lives and not in a good way. This ain't the movies.

This guy had a record a mile long; lots of problems with alcohol and drugs (gee, whooda thunk it?). His really messed up girlfriend was found not too far from this lady's ranch entrance, in a crashed pickup truck, bombed out of her mind. FTRPLT

It's too bad that she had to take a human life, but I have no sympathy for any criminal
:evil: The fact is, had he just run off, he would still be alive today. She had every right to defend herself, I just hope that this incident doesn't scar her mind.

Listening to the entire 30+ minute call is excruciating especially after she has to shoot the man. She is beyond devastated and crying uncontrollably. She remained so clear and collected while calling 911 and was able to relay all the info needed to the dispatcher. Unfortunately the officers were tied up and unable to get there for a bit which happens, so she had to take matters into her own hands.

It's an unfortunate situation but she handled it well.

Please don't think I'm overjoyed with what she had to do ... the alternative is unthinkable though. I'm sure she will anguish over her actions for the remains of her days ... she is alive however to do so.

Twice in my life I've been faced with circumstances which required firearms to be displayed and that alone made the difference ... thankfully I didn't have to fire a shot, the presence alone turned the tide, though I was fully prepared to shoot on both occasions.

God grant her rest and mercies ...