If Tobacco Became Illegal...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dshpipes

Reaction score
What would you buy pounds of? Y'know, before the cut off date... :suspect:

I prolly have enough to last as long
as I will, but I’d add some more of:
Exhausted Rooster
Red Carpet
Sunday Picnic
Opening Night
Hamborger Veermaster
Cairo
Embarcadero
Haddo's Delight
Union Square
Hal O' The Wynd

I'll play !
McClelland's Mature Virginia #27
McClellands Virginia Woods
McClellands Dark Star
McClellands Oriental #14
Peretti's Royal Blend
Peretti's Oxford Flake

UberHuberMan":rb118zrw said:
You asked but didn't say what YOU would buy :p

Esoterica Margate
Rattray Marlin Flake
Escudo
Orlik Golden Sliced
Wessex Burley Slice
Samuel Gawith 1792 Flake

this would cover all bases

Nothing.

I'd become a moonlight baccarunner for the West Coast. 8) Bathtub Bacca? Only the finest for the complexion. :twisted:

GLP JKP
Wessex Brigade Sovereign
GH Bright CR Flake
I'm sure there's others that aren't coming to mind right now, but those are the first three that jump to mind.

I would choose one or two tobaccos from each tobacco type that I smoke and buy ungodly amounts. It would probably go something like this.

Burley - Solani Aged Burley Flake, Peretti's Somerset Slices
Light Va's - McClelland Va Woods, McClelland #27
Heavy Va's - Full Virginia Flake, G&H Dark Bird's Eye
Light English - Wilke #10, Compton's Balkan
Heavy English - G&H Balkan Mixture, Robert Lewis Tree Mixture, Hearth&Home Larry's Blend
Lakeland - G&H Coniston Cut Plug
VaPer- Sherlock Holmes Pipe Club VR Blend, Rattray HOTW

Additionally, I would probably buy plenty of blending tobaccos (Latakia, Perique, Red Va, Golden Va, Cube Burley, etc) to have around in case I got tired of smoking a blend and would want to spice it up a bit.

-Scott

mark":0ctpwgkp said:
Tobacco seed
This

But since I don't think thats what the OP wanted to know I'll play along

Escudo
C&D Night Train
Storm Front
McConnell Folded Flake
Solani ABF
Haddo's

Kyle Weiss":2xsm5xkc said:
Nothing.

I'd become a moonlight baccarunner for the West Coast. 8) Bathtub Bacca? Only the finest for the complexion. :twisted:
Right on, Brother Kyle! If tobacco became illegal, i'd become an outlaw. While Kyle's got his area covered, I'd make the runs to the East Coast to supply the Central US States.

You both would have to compete with the Zacateca's down in Mexico. They'd just move in completely and take over the distributorship of tobacco as they have done with drugs. :p

Night cap
FMOTB
McC St james woods
Some blending perique(not that I would need it seeing as ow it is grown a stone's throw from me anyway)
Jack knife plug
And penzance.

But should we even be discussing this, its like my mit-ma used to say, speak not of death lest you invite him into your home. Now if you will excuse me I have to go and spit three times and find a spider to kill.

There is no fear here about tobacco becoming illegal. You could still buy it on the black market or from your local gang member for less than you can buy it legally in New York State now ! Cheers !

monbla256":oxzceomt said:
UberHuberMan":oxzceomt said:
You asked but didn't say what YOU would buy :p
Lol! Secretly looking for ideas for my next TAD. :p

I'd buy pounds and pounds of:

Stonehaven
McClelland Bombay Extra
OGS
GLP Barbary Coast
GLP Chelsea Morning
House of Calabash Cigar Blend #3

christeaux":udsydaam said:
Night cap
FMOTB
McC St james woods
Some blending perique(not that I would need it seeing as ow it is grown a stone's throw from me anyway)
Jack knife plug
And penzance.

But should we even be discussing this, its like my mit-ma used to say, speak not of death lest you invite him into your home. Now if you will excuse me I have to go and spit three times and find a spider to kill.
Good point. *tosses some salt over his shoulder and hangs a cat by his tail from a willow at midnight*