If you could only have 3 pipes, how would you dedicate them?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

td2copter

Reaction score
So, lets imagine a cruel cruel world where the pipe gods only allowed each individual to have 3 pipes, yet you still have the full on massive variety of tobacco to enjoy that we have today.

How would you dedicate each pipe?

For me, it seems that I'm enjoying just about everything I try and can't really narrow down which genre or type of tobacco that that I like best.

I think I would have to go with one for AROMATICS, one for anything with LATAKIA, and one for VIRGINIA'S/VAPERS.

Curious to see how you fine fellows would dedicate your pipes. If you feel like it, list the make of pipe to go with each one.

Thanks for playing.

Just as long as the gods weren't looking, I could get away with a pipe for Lat, one for mild VAs and one for strong/fired VAs. How I would cheat would be to blaspheme by tossing in some good Burley once in a while in the pipe dedicated for mild VAs without too much ado. 8)

Pipe 1 - Escudo/Flake Medallions

Pipe 2 - Long Golden Flake/Jack Knife Plug

Pipe 3 - Barbary Coast

That pretty much makes up most of my smoking these days so I have five pipes, one each dedicated to the above blends. I have more than five pipes but only smoke the others when I feel the need for something different. I think I could get away with three though if I did it in that configuration and wouldn't have a noticeable crossover.

Kyle Weiss":ouayc3vt said:
Just as long as the gods weren't looking, I could get away with a pipe for Lat, one for mild VAs and one for strong/fired VAs. How I would cheat would be to blaspheme by tossing in some good Burley once in a while in the pipe dedicated for mild VAs without too much ado. 8)
So, I take it the Aro's aren't in your rotation much? Lets just say you had a real hankering for some sweet Aro, which pipe would it go in?

Wow, jhuggett you took it up to a whole other level by listing the actual blend! Your a man that knows what you like, even in this hypothetically cruel world. Nice!

1) Embarcadero

2) FVF

3) Other (for an English like Blackpoint every once in a blue moon)

:face:

td2copter":nkff7sk6 said:
So, I take it the Aro's aren't in your rotation much? Lets just say you had a real hankering for some sweet Aro, which pipe would it go in?
I don't usually have urges for sweet aromatics... truth to tell, the nutty sweetness of a good Burley or a Virginia is plenty for me!

1 for full-bore Lat blends, 1 for Va/Lat blends, 1 for straight Vas and VaPers.

Lady Nic Rope.

Latakia enhanced English blends.

SG Chocolate Flake.

My Stanwell HCA for Uhle's 00

My little group 3 Castello Collection bulldog for G.H. & co Curly Cut Regular

My Stanwell Nanna for Wessex Burley Slices

I could live happily with nothing but these if I had to.

1. Bulldog - English & Balkan
2. Brandy - Virginia Blends
3. Billiard - Burley Blends

Tough call. Think I'd have to go with one for virginia/perique, one for virginias with no perique and one for burleys. Cant quite narrow it down to three pipe choices though. Maybe if i had 5 pipe choices. Or maybe 7. Lol.

Hermit":ma7o3rce said:
Two for Virginias and one for VA/Pers. :lol:
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Except for me it would be:

1. VApers
2. Best Brown Flake
3. More VApers

Yak":s7q0zvl4 said:
:afro: -- The Lakeland Industrial strengths were a passing fancy then ?

:face:
Not at all, I love Conniston Plug, but in playing along with the three only theme, I stand by my choices. Of course next month they would probably be different :lol:

1) 1 for straight Virginia's
2) 1 for Va-pers
3) 1 for Boswells Pipers Pleasure (Aro)

But, Latakias are growing on me, and might take over the #3 spot soon.