If you could only pick one brand

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billmess

Reaction score
Which would it be?

Right now i think I would pick Solani. Everything blend they make seems to be pretty amazing.
In fairness, I have not tried any G.L. Pease and a couple other major brands.

Bill

John Middleton. Are there "better" tobaccos? Of course, and I enjoy them all I can, but that's just the way I roll. DON'T LAUGH AT ME!--I'm sensitive. :x

This is an unfair question. :lol: Especially in this stage of the game for me.

I'd probably say Cornell & Diehl, just because I could get away with the technicality that since they blend GL Pease's stuff, I could have both. 8)

I said brand not blender. why not just pick Kohlhase, Kopp und Co and take almost every brand coming out of Germany? :)

Bill

billmess":9u8rxx94 said:
I said brand not blender. why not just pick Kohlhase, Kopp und Co and take almost every brand coming out of Germany? :)

Bill
You want "blend," not "brand" in your heading. See Tobacco Reviews.com.

Kyle Weiss":ixh03etd said:
This is an unfair question. :lol: Especially in this stage of the game for me.

I'd probably say Cornell & Diehl, just because I could get away with the technicality that since they blend GL Pease's stuff, I could have both. 8)

Me too. GLP - C&D - flip a coin.
(but I want both!)

Thats so tough because while I love McClelland VAs, but none of their burlys work for me. Further, the folks that make great burley blends like C&D don't blow my VA skirt up as much :oops: :lol:

So, this question, for me, could be better refined as "do you enjoy VA or Burley tobacco better?" The answer to that would follow into which blender I would choose. I just can't decide if I like burly or VA more though since it's so mood based.

JP, would you suggest to me a VA blend of yours? If I can like that at least as much as Blackwood Flake, then I'll know whose blends I can be dropped off onto a desert island with! :D I've always been curious to sample Quadruple VA and Harvest Home.

GLPease

I'd miss out on a few favorites that way (Escudo, Penzance), but I'd have some home runs in every major blending category.

I haven't tried any Home and Hearth blends yet, but I hear great things about Russ's blends. I need to check those out.

Easy enough: GLP.

...if we got two, I'd have to say MacBaren. Vanilla Cream is a guilty pleasure that I don't think I could part with.

This is very suprising to me. So many picking GLP and noone picking sam gawith.

Bill

Because with SG as a choice, only two people would have all of it, and you'd be kickin' rocks with no 'baccy. :lol:

Too difficult to choose just one since as Mr. Crow said above, no one brand seems to run the bases with all the possibilities. Me, I'd need to break it down by categories.

So I'm no help.

:!:

Cheers,

RR

Sorry, can't play. How can I possibly pick one brand when so many brands have so many tobaccos that are excellent?

This is an easy one. Home and Hearth Blends by Russ Ouilette of pipesandcigars.com.

I'd hate to be pinned down to one blender as I like so many different brands but right now it would probably be Boswell's.

Smokey

Forty years ago, that's an impossible question.

Today, G. L. Pease.

Period.

S. G. hits one home run (FVF) but they're a one-trick pony.

:face:

If I could cheat just a little, Royal Jersey/Esoterica, otherwise SG