If you could smoke only one blend....

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lysander

Reaction score
What would it be? I'll be visiting the retail outlet of Smokingpipes.com next week and plan to stock up on a variety. I'd really appreciate hearing from some of you veterans. I'll use your answers to help compile my shopping list. Please answer only with the name of blends that are readily available.

Three that I have enjoyed and smoke for well over 30+ years now are :

* McC's Fragrant Mature 2000 , my favorite straight Red Va
* Dunhill's Royal Yacht , gives one a healthy dose of Lady"n'
* Presbyterian, probably one of the smoothest ALL DAY Balkans you can smoke with just the right balance of Latakia/Orientals/Virginias !
You might find one or all of these to your liking. :twisted: :twisted:

In no real order my thoughts would be like this...

McC's Red Cake 5100
Sammy G's St James Flake
Sammy G's BBF
PS LBF (just discovered this little belter)
MacB's 7 Seas Regular (Capt Black), [I can hear the groans].

That's me!

ESCUDO! of course, was there any doubt?

Cartaphilus":s4a1byfm said:
ESCUDO! of course, was there any doubt?
Really? We'd have never guessed Ron :D .

As for me - it's PS LBF if I can get it or soap Condor Long Cut if I can't.

You asked for one blend Jim. So here's mine-

McC 2015, w/15% added Perique.

There ya go...........

(smoking a bowl of it right now aamof! In my Sav Punto Oro 320)

Cheers,

RR

Wessex Brigade Campaign Dark Flake
Rattary's Marlin Flake
and a 2nd for McClelland 2000-Fragrant Matured

Luxury Navy Flake. I actually read this thread earlier and was pretty sure it was LNF, but the responses reminded me that I quite like Escudo so I had to smoke a bowl to make sure. And I'm sure: LNF. Is it weird that a bulk tobacco is my favorite?

If I could only smoke one, it would be Escudo or Dark Bird's Eye. Probably.

I could never pick one. But if I had to I'd go Solani 660. If I was allowed a latakia, Peretti Tashkent.

Embarcadero.

Just a few years ago, I'd have said Tilbury. With Tilbury a chore and a half to find, I discovered that Laurel Heights gave me the same experience. I thought this was weird; I still think it's weird.

I could live with nothing but BBF if it came to that. I fear I'd tire of its richness.

My pipe smoker's nature cannot be restrictced to only 1 tobacco. So it's impossible for me to answer the question.

Ditto. I enjoy and am accustomed to variety far too much for limitations at this point.

If all pipe tobacco makers suddenly decided to sell their souls to Cartaphilus and produce Escudo only for the next few years, I would just turn to my well-stocked cellar of tobaccos, snuff and cigars to keep me entertained.

Brewdude":7hqt2v8s said:
You asked for one blend Jim.
...err, yes.  Fair point Rande!  :oops:   Narrowing my list to one...

St James Flake...

...but now I've discovered LBF that might change...

If the person who told me I could only smoke one blend was smaller than me, I'd fist fight him/her and refuse to limit myself.

If the person who told me was bigger, I'd grudgingly play along. In which case, GLP Telegraph Hill would be the blend.

One blend. Has to be available for all. Established. Hmm....

Rattray's Bagpiper's Dream then.