I'm Back, But With A Disgusting Story To Tell.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty Mouse

Reaction score
So, whether or not y'all noticed, I've been away from BoB for a few weeks now. The Reason? Well, to keep it short, my family and myself have been violated and stripped of our sense of security.

The story goes like this...

My family and myself had been away for the day. Work and visits in another town. In that time, a group of individuals that I have yet to think of a name for that describes the level of scum within them (assuming it WAS a group) decide to break into my home (in broad F'ing daylight, mind you) through one of our several doors that had been pried open, not to steal (at least we hadn't noticed anything missing) but to vandalize. These punks went to all of our running water fixtures, above and below, plugged the drains and let the water run. ALL DAY! Needless to say, coming home to inches upon inches of water, everywhere. Our entire house has been ruined. Carpeted, granite and hardwood floors, all the walls (drywall is a sponge) gone. Our brand new bathroom downstairs is completely gutted now. Furniture, computers, phones, personal belongings, trashed. Just about everything is damaged in some way. Especially downstairs where, of course, all of our storage had to be.

What get's me is the balls of steel these little f*cks had. To assume that just because the cars were gone that the house was empty. Which leads me to believe it was a little more calculated than just random vandalism. Seems like they knew something, because let me assure you, had I been there... The police DID say that our whole street had been hit in some way or another in recent weeks though. Not to this extreme.

By the sounds of things you'd think I live in the ghetto or something. On the contrary, I live in a rather nice, secluded neighbourhood. There's the problem. Hidden, quiet and predictable.

Anyway Gents, I don't want pity, don't feel sorry for me (the insurance company is slowly taking the pain away, hell, we're practically getting a new house) I'm just letting y'all know where I've been and what's up. It's a good way to be raped of your privacy when something like this happens. After what the Locksmiths slapped on our doors and windows we might as well have thrown a moat in the yard to boot.

I'll post pictures of the damage when I get them on my NEW computer... F'in F. :x

Perhaps "after" pictures when the contractors are done too.

Nice to be back.

P.S.

A sincere apology to joshoowah, before all of this, he was kind enough to hold a beautiful Caminetto Red Briar until pay day for me, then shit hit the fan and I had to back out which is embarrassing but I say acceptable under the circumstances.

Holy crap.

I've heard of (and done) some mighty mischief in my day, but to someone's home? Had someone tried that here in NV there would have been a story about some punks full'a lead. :lol:

I had wondered where you were, but am preoccupied with my own situation at the moment--glad you're safe and well, if not a little uprooted and feeling less dandy about humanity in general. You ain't alone. :|

How's your pipe/bacca collection?

Kyle Weiss":525najr2 said:
Holy crap.

I've heard of (and done) some mighty mischief in my day, but to someone's home? Had someone tried that here in NV there would have been a story about some punks full'a lead. :lol:

I had wondered where you were, but am preoccupied with my own situation at the moment--glad you're safe and well, if not a little uprooted and feeling less dandy about humanity in general. You ain't alone. :|

How's your pipe/bacca collection?
I'm sure we all had our times ;)

Faith in humanity is at an all time low for sure, but hey, I've got all my pipes and tobacco still, thankfully, to help me cope. My Les Paul too! Pays to keep that baby in her case.

Thanks Kyle :)

Holy Hell, that's aweful! I really hope those little punks get what's coming to them. Do the police have any leads?

I know insurance will help, but I hope they didn't destroy anything irreplacable. Keep us posted and let us know if we can help in any way.

Nice. If I have my analog synths, a few pipes, life can never be that bad. 8)

Keep positive, Rusty, let us know how things turn out. Some remodeling pictures would be uplifting to you and likely the brothers here. 8)

Ocelot55":l1pgc8wz said:
Holy Hell, that's aweful! I really hope those little punks get what's coming to them. Do the police have any leads?

I know insurance will help, but I hope they didn't destroy anything irreplacable. Keep us posted and let us know if we can help in any way.
With the police there for as long as they had been, you'd hope they would know exactly who they were. Along with what brand of shoe they were wearing and what they had for breakfast three weeks prior. Something like 4 hours they hung out.

Sadly though, I think it's one of those things where, unless they drop right into the lap of the police, it won't be solved for a long while, if at all.

Fortunately just about everything can be replaced with a few exceptions.

Thanks man!

That is awful news. Hearing something like this always reminds of a line from a Black Crowes song, "sometimes life is obscene". But, I'm glad you and your family on looking at some light at the end of that tunnel

Dude... that royally sucks. I've seen video of retarded teenagers wreaking havoc on homes before, but this is beyond anything I've seen. I hope the police find them and pop their heads like an enormous zit.

Glad to have you back!

Sorry for your troubles. I hope they catch the little shites!!

riff raff":nl79t702 said:
That is awful news. Hearing something like this always reminds of a line from a Black Crowes song, "sometimes life is obscene". But, I'm glad you and your family on looking at some light at the end of that tunnel
Thanks riff raff. We see the light all right. As for these little *restrains angry fingers* I'd like to introduce them to someone...

I hear she's a bitch. :p

Rusty, sorry to hear this!

Some people are just f-kt up in the head. The perpetrators are some of those people. :evil:

Rusty Mouse":l6790jw0 said:
Hermit":l6790jw0 said:
That makes me sick!
What the fuck is wrong with some people? :x
Boredom perhaps? Is there nothing good on TV any more?

Anybody that would do that has something seriously wrong with them.
Some day, they'll prolly hurt somebody. I hope they're caught.

Damn Man ! I cant even comprehend what you feel, or have felt over this!

I too remember seeing a show about kids doing that, just for kicks. But its TV, so it doesnt hit home.. hearing it from the victims mouth makes it real.

Ya know those punk ass bytches, have bragged to someone. I mean come on , "somebody" knows ! but, maybe they are scared to say.Has your neighborhood gotten together? and talked about maybe helpin each other out, watchin each others backs?

Man, they have to catch those punks.

( LOL I dont know how much I can cuss on here without getting censored)

Good to hear you had insurance though..whew !

Rusty,

I'm so sorry this happened to you and your family. I can only
imagine how disgusted and violated you must feel. If there is
anything I can do to help out please let me know. I know the rest
of the Brothers are standing by to provide any assistance they can.
Please don't hesitate to ask.

I hope the perps are caught, emasculated, and forced to swallow
what was cut off right after they have your foot surgically removed
from their anus.

AJ

Ya know, these are the kind of morons who would
record their "achievements" and post em on YouTube.
I hope so; could lead to an arrest.

My home was robbed - not ruined, rather just thousands of dollars of collectables and miscellaneous other items walked from my house to my neighbors garage across the street. ACROSS THE F*CKING STREET. The police did nothing, not even talking to my other neighbor who saw the movement of my goods or talking to the shop owner who bought some of my collectables.

OF course the punk b*stard who did the stealing was picked up on something related a year later in another part of the state. The father who owned the house across the street had denialability. Complete and utter crap. Still to this day, years later it annoys the crap out of me. :x

A month later a huge storm ripped through my roof and the pouring rain dropped right through my ceiling and soaked the entire upstairs. Had to replace a lot of drywall, flooring and insulation, shingles among other things. Decided to remodel the bathrooms as a result.

All of that and what you have described sounds far, far worse.

Glad you are back and hope the transition to normality goes smoothly. And is helped by the *insert favorite rude language here* @ssh*le(s) being prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

I'm really sorry to hear about this Rusty. They say what you do comes back to you, and I'm sure one day, when the vandals have something that means the world to them, it will be taken away, and they will think if you and your family. Hang in there, I'm glad to hear you had insurance!

My daughter's house was robbed by very polite thieves. :roll:
The only damage they did was to smash a glass patio door.
There was a decorative glass dish sitting atop her blu-ray,
which was a family heirloom. They placed it right back
where it was, on its stand, sans blu-ray. I'd still like to see
these assholes in jail, but I was impressed by their restraint. :lol:
The useless alarm didn't go off, because they never opened a door.
During the repair, we added motion detectors and glass-break sensors.