I'm back!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony

Reaction score
I do greatly apologize for my absence.

Long story short, a whole lot of unexpected world events required my presence throughout various parts of the world, followed by some medical ongoings, namely a tonsilectomy, followed by some mishaps thanks to the socialized healthcare program which is Tricare's incompetency... Particularly physicians lack of researching potential drug interactions which put my body (namely my brain) through the Inferno and back again.

I was actually on facebook a few minutes ago, and my buddy is enjoying a vacation in Ireland, enjoying a Guinness the way a Guinness is supposed to be enjoyed. Shaving lather warm and in Dublin. I couldn't help but bring up how a Peterson's is supposed to be enjoyed, in Ireland with a good Peterson's blend, that time for me was in Shannon, Ireland on my way back from Iraq.

I figured, hell, I should make my way over to BoB and catch up.

It's been too long, how is everyone?

Respectfully,

-Anthony

Good to see you back...thought you may have given up the briar...glad you didnt

Joe

Sounds like you've had your share of challenges,,,,welcome back,,,

Curious, has the ability to attach images and whatnot been changed or am I just handicapped? I'm trying to, but to no avail. That and the little parentheses says Max size per file: 0Mb, so does that mean no uploads? o_O

I may work with computers for a living, but that doesn't mean I'm good with them outside of my job... :D

Glad to see you back on the BoB, Anthony! Keep getting healthy! :cheers:

mark":40wo4k4m said:
Mark, Since you're a hunter (or so I gather from your avatar) and that quite possibly leads to firearms...

Here's one of my toys I recently acquired. It's not really much of a deer hunting rifle (although I'm sure you could sure use at as one haha! Much more geared towards hunting humans.

FNH FS2000

Welcome back Anthony! Glad you're feeling better (and sporting a handsome new firearm.)

Welcome back! Sorry to hear about your mishaps with Tricare. "World's best healthcare for the world's best military"? I'm thinking they need a slogan change. But don't get me started on that. I'll never shut up.

At any rate, again, welcome back. Glad to hear you're doing well. :D

Anthony":maq5u9ah said:
[Here's one of my toys I recently acquired. It's not really much of a deer hunting rifle (although I'm sure you could sure use at as one haha! Much more geared towards hunting humans.
Talk about compact,,, .223 with the holosight is the ticket for popping coyote or coydogs ,,,I seem to remember it ejects out in front?,,easy to pick up the brass,, looks like a fun gun to me,,

Anthony, welcome back! Sounds like you have had an eventful and challenging journey. Glad you back safe and sound.

Nice bullpup. Never been my preference but they sure are nice and compact. Glad to see you still use the Eotech, all I hear is everyone has switched to Aimpoint but my 553 has never failed me yet. Some places may let you hunt deer with that, but a .243 will put them down a lot more reliably.

Anthony":qym4dy1b said:
mark":qym4dy1b said:
Mark, Since you're a hunter (or so I gather from your avatar) and that quite possibly leads to firearms...

Here's one of my toys I recently acquired. It's not really much of a deer hunting rifle (although I'm sure you could sure use at as one haha! Much more geared towards hunting humans.

FNH FS2000

Anthony,
Welcome back!!! Smoke all that Nightcap while in the field???
That FN wasn't issued, was it? Not that I don't like 'em, I have an FN-FAL myself, just curious. Besides, I would have went with the P90!!! :D

Proof that his brain still ain't right: he came back :)

I think that'd be just the thing for deer hunting around here...
A man could wade into a herd of the bumper busters...

is that an XD sitting beside you on the couch? Nice rifle, awesome sight to BTW!

DoverPipes":h2ozl5cz said:
Anthony,
Welcome back!!! Smoke all that Nightcap while in the field???
That FN wasn't issued, was it? Not that I don't like 'em, I have an FN-FAL myself, just curious. Besides, I would have went with the P90!!! :D
FAL you say? Check, check, and check.

Nah, that one wasn't issued, FN's we had downrange were F2000's, not FS2000's haha. Fun switch still included in the former.

Mark, you are correct, they're forward ejecting. Basically the spent casing load up on the side similar to how a shotgun is chambered, and as you put rounds downrange, one casing will just drop out the front right. Which is awesome for me since I'm a southpaw. I enjoy the m16/m4 platform, but the damn things require way too much maintenance for my likings... Yeah sure there's the argument of "it instills discipline" yada yada, but let me tell you what... The last thing you want to do while in a firefight in 130 degree heat is have a weapon malfunction on you because of a fouled weapon, or double feeds, or bolt overrides... When it's 130 out, and your bolt is a solid 250 degrees, even in gloves that crap hurts. Back to the point... being a lefty with an m16/m4/AR platform, that brass deflector does jack shit, and us leftys just catch casings in the face and down our shirts. I've got scars on my cheeks from spent casings and purely decorational brass deflectors. That and the other perk of the m4(sarcasm) is constantly breathing in gas having your cheek to the stock. Not fun.

Moral of the story, I enjoy my FS2000.

I can respect you for choosing the FAL, that .308 round is something else. Whenever I load that magazine, all I can think about is how you could load it with the fingers of grown men, same size that is.

I like the P90, but WA isn't friendly to class III permits, If I had one here, it would have to be the PS90, and with the extended barrel, it completely defeats the purpose of a bullpup that size. From an operator's perspective, nothing beats an F2000 or a P90 in cramped quarters. I'm normally not a bullpup fanatic; however, having an SBR sized carbine like that sure beats having to maneuver the barrell of an M4 out a humvee or uparmored suburban's window.

Actually, I've still got a log of Nightcap tucked away, so the supplies haven't dimmed as of yet

Oh, and FYI, I'm in the boots and pearl snap shirt. You wouldn't catch me dead in sandals.

:D

Glad to see you back and posting again! Also thanks for posting a pic of your new toy. Looks like it would be ideal for jack rabbits too!

Jim

Wide Awake":zrkp3ggh said:
is that an XD sitting beside you on the couch? Nice rifle, awesome sight to BTW!
Yes Sir, that's an XD45. I was really skeptical, at first I kind of viewed it as an upgraded Glock 21... I like it quite a bit now that I've put a good thousand rounds through it. The only drawback is that the slide release takes some getting used to, and requires you to use your Man Thumb go push the bastard down. Especially after going through a few hundred rounds, your thumb pays the price.

A buddy picked up a HK USP .45 from a police trade in, man... those things are so easy to chamber a round and their slide release is a dream compared to the XD45. Both are good sidearms though, damn good sidearms.