IM Corona Pipemaster

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Anyone have one of these? If so, do they have an electronic ignition or a flint?

I have one. It's a piezo-electric ingnition. Good fuel capacity, does its job, no complaints.

I'm thinking about getting a lighter as well, and could use suggestions.

Stefanos":28ln370g said:
I'm thinking about getting a lighter as well, and could use suggestions.
I've had many lighters in my years, and the best one I have is my IM Corona Old Boy. I used to like electric ignitions, but that is what usually goes bad in a lighter. I won't turn this into a warranty thread.

For this reason, I bought my Old Boy which uses a flint. Thing about flints is: they can be replaced! Where an electric ignition lighter has to be sent in. Having said that, I've seen people using a pipemaster and they are really cool.

I'm thinking of purchasing an IM Corona Pipe Magie. Kinda shopping around. If you want my opinion, go with something from IM Corona. Mine is solid.

You know not to buy a Colibri, right? There's a reason they went out of business.

I also have a number of Zippo pipe lighters, and they are cool with great customer service. But to me butane trumps lighter fluid. If you can live with the flavor (or pretend you cant detect it like some do), these are great lighters too.

I have an Old Boy and a Pipe Master, and I find that the Old Boy is better for outdoors--not windproof exactly, but the flint and very fine stream of butane light better in the elements. (Electric ignitions seem to be very sensitive to even the slightest breeze--though the Pipe Master's is the best I'd used.) The Pipe Master has a little more force behind the jet, so it does the trick if the tobacco is a little moister, Franck-method packed, and so on. Otherwise, it's a tossup--I like 'em both.

Kapnismologist":0ej7p242 said:
Or, you could just stick with wooden matches. Have yet to send any back for repair...
Mine only work on the first light though, then I need to send em back for repair...

Texas Outlaw":dnoess1c said:
Kapnismologist":dnoess1c said:
Or, you could just stick with wooden matches. Have yet to send any back for repair...
Mine only work on the first light though, then I need to send em back for repair...

:lol!: Good One!

Matches are kind of low tech, and a man's got to have his toys.

Stefanos":aycwm5di said:
Texas Outlaw":aycwm5di said:
Kapnismologist":aycwm5di said:

:lol!: Good One!

Matches are kind of low tech, and a man's got to have his toys.
I just used a match to light my smooth Crosby, but I feel ya man. You gotta have a lighter (or three). I've never seen a Hearst pulling a U-Haul, so I wanna spend it while I'm here.

Guess I've jinxed it. My old boy has begun giving me trouble. First I thought I had a slow leak. Now I actually think the flint striker has lost it's knarling keeping it from sparking the flint properly.

I was close to pulling the trigger on another IM Corona too ( a pipe magie).

Just picked up a Pipemaster and have had a Maggie for a while

Maggie is great indoors, but a tough nut in the wind - small fuel tank also.

Pipemaster is fantastic - nice large tamper built in, huge gas tank - super duper

Recommend any IM Corona - and as others have stated, I normally stick with flints as they are more reliable, but the Pipemaster is the best electronic I have ever had (and I have had a LOT of lighters)

Only other lighter I had that held up over the years was a Dunhill

I've been using matches. I have a Zippo but the taste of the fuel bothers me so I stopped using it (yes, even the new formula). Maybe it's time to invest in an Old Boy.

i have 3 old boys and 2 pipe masters and love them all, next up will be a pipe magie

I haven't tried the pipemaster, but it sounds like a good one. I bought an Old Boy abt. a month or so ago, and love it. IM Corona makes some awesome lighters.