I'm getting edumacated

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Briarbabe

Reaction score
So, after many a year of watching some man go off to college while I stayed home and tended to the babies I am going to school! Ha!

I've been accepted into PSU's World Campus and I plan on taking extra classes on campus since I'm right there anyway. Terribly exciting! I gave up on this dream ages ago, but with my new job at PSU and their very generous employee discount I knew I'd be a fool not to jump on it. I'm starting with my IST associates and once I get a few math courses under my belt switching to the IST bachelors.

I am a bit anxious about the math bit, but I think I'm going to really enjoy it. Wish I'd taken more of it in high school.

As someone who never attended more than a half year of college, and wishes he could go back...

I wish you the best!

I'm terrible at Math, so I feel your pain in that area.

beardedbassguy":xlwf7g0l said:
As someone who never  attended more than a half year of college, and wishes he could go back...

I wish you the best!

Thank you!

At first glance I read your username to be "Beardedbadass" and my first thought was, "Well, he's bearded, that goes with out saying."

That's splendid news BB. Education is what great nations are built upon. Well done matey.

Briarbabe":s06wkibm said:
beardedbassguy":s06wkibm said:
As someone who never  attended more than a half year of college, and wishes he could go back...

I wish you the best!

Thank you!

At first glance I read your username to be "Beardedbadass" and my first thought was, "Well, he's bearded, that goes with out saying."
I'll take it! :pirate:

But in all reality, I'm just a big teddy bear.

Briarbabe":4ptqflt4 said:
So, after many a year of watching some man go off to college while I stayed home and tended to the babies I am going to school! Ha!

I've been accepted into PSU's World Campus and I plan on taking extra classes on campus since I'm right there anyway. Terribly exciting! I gave up on this dream ages ago, but with my new job at PSU and their very generous employee discount I knew I'd be a fool not to jump on it. I'm starting with my IST associates and once I get a few math courses under my belt switching to the IST bachelors.

I am a bit anxious about the math bit, but I think I'm going to really enjoy it. Wish I'd taken more of it in high school.
Lady,
You are to be comgratulated and commended for your efforts !! :cheers: :cheers: My last wife finished her degree when she was 38 while raising two boys . I had just met her and attended her graduation with her sons and was as proud of her as if she had been my own child who had accomplished this !! It's gonna be hard but with your spirit you've shown here I'm sure you will succeed !! Onward thru the Fog :twisted: :twisted:

Well...from a Penn State Alum (my wife is too and both my girls go there)...welcome to the family!

Bravo, BB!! :cheers:

It's never to late to back to school. It's funny, but the older I get, the more I want to learn new stuff. I took some Russian classes a few years back, but with such an unpredictable work schedule, it's difficult to make them regularly over a long period.

Maybe I'll take some online classes from Vito, or something. There's a dude who knows a thing or two 'bout a thing or two.

Good on ya BriarBabe. I just finished my bachelor's in Network Security last month. My wife starts her masters program in the spring. It's tough but well worth it. Good luck.

That's awesome BB. I got a year at a university and need to go back. My wife is being a stay at home mom and going to school full time while I work.

That's great! I only lasted two years in a 4 year college and sometimes wish I could go back, even though I was a poor fit at the time. A good friend of mine essentially had to turn his life around at age 40 and get an engineering degree, so he's done this routine already. He had a great time and I hope you will have at least as much fun. His observations were that college was way easier than he remembered, because this time he was actually paying attention and not chasing babes and partying, and that today's young people in college were completely insane. :lol:

(At one point, he observed that entire conversations could apparently be carried on among the yoof via multiple inflections of the word "word". Thus, five college kids would be standing around saying: "Word." "Word?" "Word!" "Wooordd..." "WORD!"
.. and so on... )

Congrats and go get em! Math is just logic and symbols. Don't let it scare you. Just be sure to make you proud!
Mike.

Best of luck to you BB, you will do great I'm sure! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: