Im in the wrong business

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumbernater

Reaction score
I was looking on ebay last night at some Dunhill pipes, to find a 1959 made pipe, I ran across one. I then clicked on see sellers other stuff. He had some nice pipes and they were all selling for they all had muli bids. Just out of curiosity I added up what he would make at the end of the last bid today on all his pipes. 40 pipes. $14,482 http://stores.ebay.com/Coopersark?_rdc=1

Wow he does have some mighty fine looking briar there.. Must have been lots of work collecting all of them.. High priced yes.. But beautiful works..

Rob always does well. He deserves to, he has worked hard at it, for a long time, and is quite successful. I think he charges 25 or 30 percent--painful, but doable.

That's the difference between a seller of pipes and a collector of them.
I would NOT be able to let most of those go.

If he collects and sells I chance to say his collection he's keeping must be so awesome it leave most of us drooling in astonishment.

Of course after eBay fees he's getting about 12% or more, less then that in the end.

Cartaphilus":tnx868yx said:
That's the difference between a seller of pipes and a collector of them.
I would NOT be able to let most of those go.

If he collects and sells I chance to say his collection he's keeping must be so awesome it leave most of us drooling in astonishment.
He's a well known collector named Rob Cooper, and your assumption would be correct.

Yak":xl4nq5gj said:
There are many markets. Not just one. The one you're talking about is the throw money around like it's toilet paper one.

http://www.pulversbriar.com/

Check it out.

:face:
That guy has some great briars and I know one day I will find the "right one" and buy it from him. One thing does bother me about his site though, I hate when people leave sold pipes on their site with pipes for sale. My eyes are drawn to the pipes first and it really bothers me to see one I would really be interested in to only look further and see that one word I hate, "sold"... I don't want to look at sold pipes except in a gallery of pictures. I know there are several others that do that too and it's their business and they have a right to go about it however they choose, but it just makes me lose interest in looking further.

plumbernater":bmulf767 said:
I think the dunhill had $608 price so far on it, Too rich for my blood.
I am one to shop for a good old estate pipe. I have collected some prime smokers that hold the soul of memories.. Check out this site for some great deals..
Good Old Estates

Yak I like that site but most are to much for my blood. Soon I hope to do a little better. He has some real nice pipes to buy and not bid on

Velveteagle that is a nice site too. The prices are more my speed. Pipe repair as well

velveteagle":pqff74np said:
plumbernater":pqff74np said:
I think the dunhill had $608 price so far on it, Too rich for my blood.
I am one to shop for a good old estate pipe. I have collected some prime smokers that hold the soul of memories.. Check out this site for some great deals..
Good Old Estates
He's one of our brothers here as well... I just bought a couple of pipes from him.