I'm in!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Falconer

Reaction score
Howdy all. I'm happy to be a part of this. Things are getting tough out there. Today I went to my local coffee shop/bar, as I do most every day. They know me by name, have great coffee for one dollar, free internet connection and until today accepted pipe smokers. I lit up as usual and the sexy middle-aged little gal behind the counter came over to me and whispered, "I'm really sorry but the boss has decided to disallow pipe smoking." She was standing there smoking a cigarette as she informed me.
Needless to say I was dumbfounded. I'd been coming in there for years, having a pipefull with a cup of java before going to work.
Then she added. "We'll all have to stop soon enough anyaway."
She was right. The city had passed a 'no smoking law' that's to take effect on July first. The only place you can smoke after that is in your vehicle or at home.
It's weird, In the 43 years I've been smoking a pipe, I''ve not once had a complaint. Most love the aromatics. I continually get remarks like, "it reminds me of my father or grandfather," all fond memories for them.
I fear we're being ostrisized. Yes, I hear all the concerns of the health hazzards and such. Truth is I had friend back in the 70's that never smoked. He died in an accident at the age of 30. He never got to enjoy the tantilizing taste of canvendish or enjoy the flavor of a good aromatic.
All that said. I say enjoy my friends. As the fabled Jim Morrison once said, "no one hear gets out alive."
So have a good smoke of your favorite blend. Have a good shot of your favorite whiskey. Find the finer things in this life. For life is short and will end soon enough.

Welcome to the group! You've just been slapped with today's reality. :cry:

Come back often.

Buddy

So have a good smoke of your favorite blend. Have a good shot of your favorite whiskey. Find the finer things in this life. For life is short and will end soon enough.[/quote said:
I lift my glass to you and agree with your philosophy.

Centurian 803":bvk5tawi said:
Muddler":bvk5tawi said:
So have a good smoke of your favorite blend. Have a good shot of your favorite whiskey. Find the finer things in this life. For life is short and will end soon enough.
I lift my glass to you and agree with your philosophy.
Ditto! :) And welcome!

Welcome, great to have another Kansas Brother on board.

Can you still smoke in tobacco shops and cigar bars? Not even Johnson County (source of all things evil in Kansas :D ) has done away with that yet!