I'm out of a job, but you would think I'd notice.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fungunner

Reaction score
So at the beginning of the semester I was told that my program (A very large Commercial Heating and Air Conditioning trade school) was cutting back and I was part if the solution. Since I'm on a contractual basis, the school just didn't renew my contract and I'm out of a job.

But not really.

The department head that replaced my old boss is a major micro manager and we have clashed many times over the past year. It got to the point that I just started to ignore the guy and just taught the classes the best way I knew how (I'm a very heavy lab work instructor = MONEY). The tipping point came when he hired a adjunct (part time) instructor that was a 'ol buddy (read former employee) of his and would not stop gushing about how good of an instructor he was, and at that point I knew my days were numbered. Armed with this foreknowledge, the day I was informed that my services were no longer needed, I announced that I had accepted my department head's former position with a very large service company from which he parted (read FIRED) for an unsubstantiated HR conflict ;) .

But it doesn't stop there, I have also accepted an adjunct instructor position with the local community college and starting up their commercial heating/air conditioning and building automation program.

So, I'm making more money now, and I still get to teach. I could have almost thanked the guy. But instead I told him where to find the box of fuses that I pulled from every piece of HVAC lab equipment on the campus (I tossed in a few boxes more from stock and shook it up real good).

I know, I know, Bad BAD gunner.

What can I say, I had a moment of weakness, and I shall REPENT!

Let's see
4 bowls of Larry's Blend
2 bowls of FVF
and a bowl of Carter hall

What say you?

fungunner":t51vouvi said:
But instead I told him where to find the box of fuses that I pulled from every piece of HVAC lab equipment on the campus (I tossed in a few boxes more from stock and shook it up real good).

Classic!

Congrats on the new (job) and your position. Sounds like you're already happy about it and will come out ahead in the long run anyway.

Finally, some good news around here! :cheers:

Yeah. Good news is good. What a rare circumstance, the asshat thinks he has the upper-hand and the target-downtrodden makes a move that gains an advantage. I guess I can put down my "How To Be An Asshat And Get Ahead Like Everyone Else -- For Dummies," series.

8)

Kyle Weiss":ijore2q1 said:
Yeah. Good news is good. What a rare circumstance, the asshat thinks he has the upper-hand and the target-downtrodden makes a move that gains an advantage. I guess I can put down my "How To Be An Asshat And Get Ahead Like Everyone Else -- For Dummies," series.

8)
I'm no proletarian. I just try, to get by.

10-4.

I hope my sentiment/compliment got through okay. :lol:

Reworded: Halfwit guy in control effs with ya, you come out on top and for the better. :cheers:

8)

Glad you came out ahead on the deal! Always happy to hear a happy ending

puros_bran":0j64a0nl said:
Especially now that Kyle disgnated him a Top.
rimshot......

1641936-rim_shot_johnny_utah.jpg

<slowly backing away>

Cheers,

RR

Congrats. I had the same feeling when it wasn't working out at one company and we parted ways one morning. Loaded up my stuff and on the ride home called a consulting firm I helped write an operational plan 8 years prior and had a job the following Monday for about double the money before I got home.

Score a BIG one for Natural Law-based Justice !

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Onward & Upward, Gunner. 8)

:face:
:cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: