Importing Tobacco to the EU

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi Fellas,

I find myself getting quite jealous when I'm surfing to US-based pipe-sites and I see the large amounts of tobacco available online. I have been trying to find an online-store here in Belgium, but haven't had any success so far.
On top of that, I have been very anxious to try some tobacco from the illustrious GLPease, and have found their EU-dealer has an online store (based in Switserland). These guys have a great deal of my favorite tobaccos as well, so if there is an easy way to get my order to Belgium, I would be a very happy smoker.

Does anyone here have any experience dealing with online stores and importing to EU-states (preferably Belgium), mainly regarding the tax/duty/customs situation? Any advice would be helpful.

Toon

Hello.

I haven't really had to deal with the issue as I've bought all my tobacco either at duty free in the airport (w.o. larsen) when travelling to the states or at Magnus Falkum in germany http://www.falkum.de/

Luckily I'm albe to visit the store, but they do mail Europe wide as the last time I spoke w/the proprietor about it he mentioned he sends a supply to Portugal almost monthly.

Tabak de Tradition, Magnus Prime Collection 213, and Magnus No 1 are his best in my opinion. They also carry a large collection of what I'll term magnifactured blends... you know the kind you can find in any tobacco/magazine/gas station store across Europe. Even noticed some last time I was near Ieper a year ago... attending the 100km van Ieper..

james

I hear 4 noggins is very experienced in sending tobacco to the EU.Give em a try.

I'll reply in a PM. Some topics are better discussed privately, as evil custom officers might one day learn about the existence of something called the internet and anything you publish on the web tends to stick around forever.

fmw":yw48r2is said:
I'll reply in a PM. Some topics are better discussed privately, as evil custom officers :twisted: might one day learn about the existence of something called the internet and anything you publish on the web tends to stick around forever.
It's ok, I know where you live already............ :twisted:
I will be replacing all of your tobacco with saw dust and mouse droppings!!!

Thanks for the imput guys, I'm checking with Customs if it is at all legal to get a shipment in.

And at this point I would gladly accept mousedroppings and sawdust if GLP had a hand in blending it. :p

bendeleugenaars":gs89a37l said:
Thanks for the imput guys, I'm checking with Customs if it is at all legal to get a shipment in.

And at this point I would gladly accept mousedroppings and sawdust if GLP had a hand in blending it. :p
LOL :lol:

bendeleugenaars":0lm9zpay said:

Bro, I feel your pain, we have the same prob. here. If you don't come right, send me a PM, we have a plan!!!

bendeleugenaars":0vs4nisq said:

Thats your first mistake.Keep your mouth shut and just order it .

acaciavet":iqde7zes said:
Thats your first mistake.Keep your mouth shut and just order it .
Not really. Obviously, you shouldn't give them a call, but they provide this kind of information online these days. If I have the choice between paying a 30% premium on my tobacco in the form of taxes or risk losing a package I gladly pay the premium. Sadly, my retarded government doesn't give me the choice.