(IMPROVED) RADICE TWIN BORE RESTORATION

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Briar Spirit":b67e25uv said:
Your drive and attention to detail is nothing short of admirable Buddy, I am always greatly impressed with your restoration work, I've never worked with Epoxy so it's all a bit of a mystery to me.
Thank you sir your too kind, Epoxy it's just a two part glue, catalyst (hardener) and glue plainly. Mix equal amounts of each and apply it. Easy Peasey, Japanesey!

Very nice pipe and restoration. I have a twin bore Trypis. I thought the idea behind the twin boire was to deliver more taste and a cooler smoke. I'd say mine (usually / almost always) does that. I hope yours does, too.

KevinM":2dfunw1c said:
Very nice pipe and restoration. I have a twin bore Trypis. I thought the idea behind the twin boire was to deliver more taste and a cooler smoke. I'd say mine (usually / almost always) does that. I hope yours does, too.
Thank you sir

Great restoration Ron. It looks like new compared to the mess the original owner did to the stem.
As for the Radice Twin Bore pipes, they were made primarily to deliver a smooth and cooler smoke from all that I have read. They were not designed to be a dental or bite proof stem like the older Kaywoodie stem biters and others but the design actually works well for both reasons IMO.
A fine pipe and restoration to be proud of Ron. :cheers: 

docwatson":aior22cu said:
Great restoration Ron. It looks like new compared to the mess the original owner did to the stem.
As for the Radice Twin Bore pipes, they were made primarily to deliver a smooth and cooler smoke from all that I have read. They were not designed to be a dental or bite proof stem like the older Kaywoodie stem biters and others but the design actually works well for both reasons IMO.
Thank you sir, your very kind.

docwatson":dh8fk9no said:
See, that is very curious to me Doc, I am the first to admit I am not very technically minded person but I don't understand how restricting the exit hole from a wide slot to 2 small bore holes could make the pipe smoke cooler, yeah I know, here's me showing my exasperating ignorance yet again. :oops: 

Briar Spirit":pwgour55 said:
docwatson":pwgour55 said:
See, that is very curious to me Doc, I am the first to admit I am not very technically minded person but I don't understand how restricting the exit hole from a wide slot to 2 small bore holes could make the pipe smoke cooler, yeah I know, here's me showing my exasperating ignorance yet again. :oops: 
Kirk, this is how I look at it be it right or wrong.
What will burn your tongue more, a sip of hot coffee or a gulp?
A gulp naturally. So if you take a warm smoke and divide it in half, which the separate draw holes do, it will make for a cooler smoke. Now that's just my way of looking at it.

Thank you sir!
Now, if I could only carve pipes like you.......

MrRetentive":ll3von6y said:
Beautiful pipe... outstanding restoration.

You're an artist!!
Thank you sir for your kind words.
I use to be an artist but, since I lost my crayons............

Cartaphilus":mvq1ijsv said:
MrRetentive":mvq1ijsv said:

You're an artist!!
Ron,
The man was referring to the BS type of artist.!!!!:lol!: 

Nice job on the restoration Ron.
Did you have to add a black dye to the epoxy or the super glue? If so what do you use.

docwatson":q6cd4dp2 said:
Cartaphilus":q6cd4dp2 said:
MrRetentive":q6cd4dp2 said:

You're an artist!!
Ron,
The man was referring to the BS type of artist.!!!!:lol!: 
BS? No never got a degree in it.

Hawker":vvy3yo2j said:
Nice job on the restoration Ron.
Did you have to add a black dye to the epoxy or the super glue? If so what do you use.
I built it up with epoxy and then layered in with Black Super glue, wet sanded and then buffed.
I don't remember the name of the CA, it's out in the shop, something I got on eBay awhile back. Nothing fancy shmancy.