impulse buy

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruins

Reaction score
i was looking for Butera Kingfisher (out of stock), but read the description for
Butera Tin - Sweet Cavendish and thought it sounded mighty fine, so i ordered a tin. i know cavendish is a process, not a specific tobacco and that it's used in a lot of aro-type smokes. what can i expect? did i just order a tin of fructose corn syrup or do i have a misconception of cavendishes?

"Cavendish" doesn't really mean anything anymore. It can refer to a cut, a process, or a flavor (ie ordinarily black cavendish indicates a sweetened stoved Va).

In the Butera case, what you'll find is a very sweet black cavendish, sticky to the touch. I find it too sweet on its own, but it can be used to soften rougher blends up.

Trout Stream is a nice little butter rum flavored cavendish that is the only aromatic I'll smoke any more. It's burns clean and I've had very little problem w/ moisture. But the real selling point is that the flavor stays all the way through the bowl, unlike...well, any other aromatic that I've tried.

Not much for strength here. All pleasure.

You can get it at pipesandcigars.com

Let me know how your impulse turns out!

One day on my way home I stopped at a market and picked up some tins of McClleland Navy Cav 2 tins from 95 and the rest were from 06. I tried a tin of the 06 this week and its very good I was really suprised. I have more then I will smoke and paid to much for them but what the heck. I tried some from 98 that came in a trade and it was good the 06 is good so the 95 should be very good. And I was never much of a cav fan but I guess it all depends. Enjoy your night everyone.

thanks for the comments. i feel a little better. my brother already wants half, so if i hate it, i can pittle around with mixing it with other stuff i hate, see if two wrongs make a right. but if piet likes it, i probably will too. it's his fault i bought it anyway! i shouldn't read the descriptions, they'd make kak sound like a good smoke. (you see, piet, i was paying attention!)

just to finish off this thread, i received the Butera Tin - Sweet Cavendish about an hour ago. took it straight out to the back deck for a smoke. opening the tin, it was richly fruity to the nose, smelling of raisins/dates, my wife said berries. like Sasquatch mentioned, it was a little sticky to the touch. lit right up though, thick thick smoke which i really liked. my pipe doesn't handle wet very well, but i had no problems with this. smoked it all the way down to ash. it turned out to be right up my alley, sweet, a little nutty, very gentle. wife said it had a great room note (something rarely said by her). not much a nicotine hit, which is a good thing for me. i can see this becoming a regular evening smoke. guess i lucked out on this impulse buy. if anyone likes the idea of aromatics, but in reality finds them too sweet, too coated, i would recommend giving this a go. (my brother wants half this tin. i'm going to tell him to buy his own.) thanks for the input!

bruins":w73cqln2 said:
just to finish off this thread, i received the Butera Tin - Sweet Cavendish about an hour ago. took it straight out to the back deck for a smoke. opening the tin, it was richly fruity to the nose, smelling of raisins/dates, my wife said berries. like Sasquatch mentioned, it was a little sticky to the touch. lit right up though, thick thick smoke which i really liked. my pipe doesn't handle wet very well, but i had no problems with this. smoked it all the way down to ash. it turned out to be right up my alley, sweet, a little nutty, very gentle. wife said it had a great room note (something rarely said by her). not much a nicotine hit, which is a good thing for me. i can see this becoming a regular evening smoke. guess i lucked out on this impulse buy. if anyone likes the idea of aromatics, but in reality finds them too sweet, too coated, i would recommend giving this a go. (my brother wants half this tin. i'm going to tell him to buy his own.) thanks for the input!
Give it some air time bro!!!!! :cheers: :cheers: