In Los Angeles.....

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fatman

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
Ah yes, warm in the sun! I am sitting in my hotel room enjoying a cob full of some Night Train. I love the place I use when I am here, they have rooms where smoking is allowed!

Fatty, I hear that pairs well with Night Train Express!

Sounds great. Enjoy that Night Train and LA.

Give me a holler if you're ever in an around Sacramento.

A hotel with smoking rooms in California!? Well, I never! :shock:

I stayed recently in a motel that had smoking rooms, but you could only smoke cigarettes in them, sayeth the manager. Pipes and cigars were verboten due, apparently, to the residual scent. (And I have had cigars set off the smoke detector.)

I can understand the cigars, I suppose, but not the pipe restriction. To me, residual cigarette smoke is far worse than anything a pipe might leave behind, unless it's the dottles that the guy was referencing--which I agree are nasty, but they get flushed. I chalked it up to his being a wackadoo, and took a non-smoking room out of spite. This made him apprehensive, which amused me.

And that's the last time I mention what I smoke, which was my first mistake. And never leave butts or dottles behind, and clean the friggin' ashtray. Public relations, ya' know, and tip the maid. She might not report certain liberties you have taken with the room. Contesting extra charges on your credit card is a p.i.t.a.