In the spirit of brotherhood

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Falconer

Reaction score
I have an idea, it may sound corny but maybe in the spirit or Beebiz (Robert) and his grandpa we should start including a small rock in our gift packages. After all, Brothers of Briar is as solid as a rock. It could be a symbol of our friendships! Just a small token to remember the generousity of members to each other.
I for one have a special piece of aggragrate picked out for my next shipment to Piet. Do you have a wheel barrow Bro! :lol!:

Cool idea, I nearly popped a stone in the package to Rob yesterday with his CW, I took it out again as I was worried about the weight of the parcel, but Yea bro the thought did cross my mind,
I have a wheelbarrow bro but knowing you I may end up in jail for smuggling uncut diamonds!!!!! :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

AHHHHHHHHH Valky you such a gem........... uhhhhhh I cant believe I just said that........ panzy!!!!! :lol!:

Piet, it doesn't have to be a big rock ya know. I mean a pebble will do. It's the thought behind it.. Size doesn't matter.
I can't believe I just said that! :scratch:

Falconer":buba05wz said:
Piet, it doesn't have to be a big rock ya know. I mean a pebble will do. It's the thought behind it.. Size doesn't matter.
I can't believe I just said that! :scratch:
Me either :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:
Dang bro,

Crap aside, I think thats still a good idea!!!

How much you wanna bet that when you include a rock or pebble, the customs officials will wonder what that object is inside the package on their X-Ray machine and open it...

:roll:

At the Halifax International Airport a few years ago, they put my "carry on" through the machine two or three times, scratched their heads, then manually searched the contents and finally came to the conclusion it was a toy from McDonald's Happy Meals for kids that belonged to my grandson. :shock:

Slow Puffs":hopkawvl said:
How much you wanna bet that when you include a rock or pebble, the customs officials will wonder what that object is inside the package on their X-Ray machine and open it...

:roll:

At the Halifax International Airport a few years ago, they put my "carry on" through the machine two or three times, scratched their heads, then manually searched the contents and finally came to the conclusion it was a toy from McDonald's Happy Meals for kids that belonged to my grandson. :shock:
Yea, Sp was wondering about that too, would be crap for Rob not to get the pipe we sent because of a frikkin' pebble. I was worried that it may be mistaken for "Rocks" or "crystal meth", especially when accompanied by a pipe. These drugs are a huge problem here in RSA!!!

I just found this thread. And, I've got to tell you... you've had me shedding tears!! I don't possess the words to properly express to you how honored my Granddaddy would be that you gentlemen desire to utilize his humble gesture as a tangible show of love, friendship, and brotherhood among yourselves!

I understand the real problem that could arise... especially with customs. And, after a while, a collection of stones that are carried as a tangible reminder of the love and support of your brothers could become quite weighty... to say the least!!

So, I'd like to make a suggestion. You are welcome to adopt it. And, if you don't, that's alright too! I'll have no ill feelings either way.

You could each cut a small piece of cloth... say... 2 inces (50 mm) by 2 inches (50 mm) or a little larger and include it. To ensure that the origin of the cloth could be easily identified later, you could write your name on it. Or, you could even write a short sentiment and your name. I'd think you'd want to include the date as well. And, make sure to use some kind of permanent marker.

A collection of stones could become quite heavy. But, if you needed to take the support of your brothers with you, the small pieces of cloth would be quite easy to carry! And, I would think the cloth would solve any problems with customs or postal weights.

I am honored!! And, my Granddaddy is honored as well!! Bless you, my brothers!!

Robert

beebiz said:
You could each cut a small piece of cloth... say... 2 inces (50 mm) by 2 inches (50 mm) or a little larger and include it. To ensure that the origin of the cloth could be easily identified later, you could write your name on it. Or, you could even write a short sentiment and your name. I'd think you'd want to include the date as well. And, make sure to use some kind of permanent marker.

WOW! He's a man of the cloth too! This guy is something else! I tell ya!

As for me I'm stick'n with the stones. Soon as I pass one that is, I'll send it to a brother, can't get much more personal than that! Something that small will make it through customs, something that big will hurt like hell when my kidney gives it up. :joker:

Brothers beware, remember, it's the thought that counts.

Falconer, you are a pistol, my brother!!! :lol!:

I've been accused of being a lot of things in my life. But, this is the first time I've ever been accused of being a "man of the cloth!" If you knew me much better, you would understand why that was so hilarious to me!!! :)

If you ever have an occasion to and wish to send me a kidney stone, please... by all means... do so!! I've no doubt it would be easy for me to keep up with who it came from!! :lol: But, I ask one small favor of you. Before sending it, give it a quick rinse in a dram or two of alcohol!!! :lol: :lol:

Robert