In your opinion

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aktour2000

Reaction score
Does anyone have a website that they buy tobacco from, that carries all kinds, that they use religiously, and would stand behind such website for their excellence? Since I'm new to the pipe smokers world all opinions, facts, stories and happenings welcome. Thank you in advance.

Happy puffin'

I've had good luck with smokingpipes.com. They have a pretty decent selection of tins and bulk and are very friendly to deal with.

I've also bought from many other online retailers with good results.

Todd

Add another one in favor of smokingpipes. I probably give them 80% of my pipe related business (a vast majority of the rest goes to B&Ms when I'm near one).

Smokingpipes,com for mail-order, J.L.Peretti and Edwards in Ft. Collins for proprietary blends.

For most everything, smokingpipes.com and marscigars.com . For specialty burleyweed, uhles.com and ljperetti.com . Some good deals can be found on tins at jrcigars too.

99% of the time my orders come from either mars or 4noggins, never had any issue with either one of them. Outstanding service from both

I like Pipesandcigars.com even though I've read on here about stories of unhappy customers. I have never had a problem with them. Actually, they called me about an 8oz. bag of Stonehaven last holiday season (for $28??...SURE!). They told me they'd send it for free since I was on the list so long waiting for it. Early X-Mas present!

4noggins.com when p&c is out of my blends. Nice people and good blends of their own (try BaldHeaded Teacher). Plus, there the only ones that have John Patton's blends and the beautiful burley creation called Storm Front.

smokingpipes.com has a huge amount of selection and are cheap, I however, have trouble finding specific blends so I've never actually purchased from them, particularly with the Samuel Gawith blends which they seem to never have much of. Availability over price all day. I still stalk their site often and they have a lot.

L.J. Peretti out of Boston are gruf people and treat you like a kid buying candy (short on customer service skills) but they have some of the best quality tobacco I've ever had. All of it is excellent quality. Maybe I'm due to call them and get my fix.

Rob_In_MO":p2m1hsvc said:
Puff Daddy":p2m1hsvc said:
Some good deals can be found on tins at jrcigars too.
Hey Kyle - there's a clue to add to the Sniper Investigations!

Could it have been PD all this time? :scratch:
I knew somebody would eventually slip up. 8)
No.

I have used Pipesandcigars.com, 4Noggins and mars Cigars. Never had any complaint with any of them.

I use whoever has what I want, although I will say that Cup o Joes has excellent customer service. I always call in my order with them. Smokingpipes is fabulous and very professional; 4noggins is great, you might want to try Milan Tobacco too.

SmokingPipes.com - top notch, what you see is what you get pipes.
PipesAndCigars.com - good customer service. sometimes inconsistent back-ordered stock.
MarsCigars.com - great deals on cob pipes. fast shipping.

JRCigars.com - haven't purchased from them yet but they have good deals on staple stuff and reasonable shipping.

derlict311":0oyxx9no said:
I like Pipesandcigars.com even though I've read on here about stories of unhappy customers.
My only complaint is that I'm sometimes left with the feeling that many of their employees don't know an awful lot about tobacco. Any time I chose to call my order in the girl on the other end, while she was very nice, really seemed pretty confused. I also received the wrong tobacco once when I ordered a lakeland rope that had no lakeland.

Other than that, their house bulk baccys often arrive very dry, but that's never bothered me much, and they have quite a few quality blends to offer.

My preferences for online shopping are with 4noggins and Smokingpipes.com. I have had nothing but top notch service from both of these shops. My only complaint with Smokingpipes, and this comes from living in CA, is that it does take about 10-11 days for a shipment to get to me via UPS Ground from the East Coast. 4noggins uses Priority mail and anything I buy from them arrives in 3 business days.

I have purchased at least 6 pipes from Smokingpipes with complete satisfaction. When you buy a pipe from them you know what you are getting, everything is described to a tee and there's no funny business. They have an excellent return policy as well.

JRCigars & Cigars Intl. provide good fast service for stogies.

There are a lot of things to like about PipesandCigars.com, fast shipping, Russ's house blends, slightly cheaper prices on tins, great promotions, but I have run into my share of snafus shopping with them.