In your opinion

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Simple Man":aavzt4z0 said:
Smokingpipes is fantastic! I almost buy from them exclusively... and 4noggins occasionally.
This is pretty much my attitude, too.

Oh yea, forgot to mention both Boswellpipes.com and vtpipes.com (pipeworks & wilke) fo0r some of the tastiest aros out there... the customer service at both places is top-notch too.

Ocelot55":oe6582oq said:
I use whoever has what I want, although I will say that Cup o Joes has excellent customer service. I always call in my order with them. Smokingpipes is fabulous and very professional; 4noggins is great, you might want to try Milan Tobacco too.
I totally agree with the above. Some of the Milan blends are among my favorites.

I usually order tobacco in amounts necessary to get free shipping. Those that offer free shipping usally require order around $100 or so. I hate paying for shipping. From those that have free shipping, I check prices on all of them. It's surprising how varied prices can be -- for example, for a recent order, my Mac Baren HH Matured Virginia (pound bags) was $7 to more than double that elsewhere. Tins don't usualt vary as much, but 50 cents here, a dollar there adds up, especially in large orders.

I've probably ordered from most if not all those mentioned in this thread at one time or another and from some, multiple times. On occasion, I may order specialty from some (e.g., only McCrarie's sells Red Ribbon - may break down and order some soon). Anything other than great service and pleasant dealings has been very rare for me and in almost all cases, over many years, I've only had, let's just say, a less than stellar experience a few times where I ended up being less than completely satisfied in the end.

I order from pipesandcigars.com almost exclusively for pipe tobacco. I use Cigars International for most of my cigar orders. CI now carries a much more extensive pipe tobacco selection than they used to including a lot of McClelland, and Sutliff. I have only had stellar performance from both of these fine establishments. Shipping is extremely fast with priority mail from pipesandcigars.com. I usually receive my package in 2 days.

blueview":2uswoawy said:
I order from pipesandcigars.com almost exclusively for pipe tobacco. I use Cigars International for most of my cigar orders. CI now carries a much more extensive pipe tobacco selection than they used to including a lot of McClelland, and Sutliff. I have only had stellar performance from both of these fine establishments. Shipping is extremely fast with priority mail from pipesandcigars.com. I usually receive my package in 2 days.
Ah! Thanks for reminding me. I forgot to mention CI. I sometimes use CI for smaller shipments and/or as an add-on from a JoeCigar daily special because they stock some of my stand-by pipe tobaccos *and* I get free shipping from the daily special or, if I don't order cigars, from the CI free shipping link. I hate to pay for shipping.

Most of my orders are from pipesandcigars.com , and the rest are from smokingpipes.Ive read alot of negative stuff about pipesancigars but I never had an issue with them.

Thank you kindly for the sites and suggestions. I have already begun my perusal of the sites mentioned and will be placing my first order next week at the latest.

I use pipesandcigars the most, 4noggins, smokingpipes.com and an order or two from most other online vendors. I have not had issues with pipesandcigars.com. Oddly the only issue I've had was with C&D (since you have to call to order) and they did resolve very quickly.