Incoming Ice and Sleet

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kyle Weiss":o0ha9h4s said:
Amen to that, the snow doesn't scare me, it's the dipsh*ts that make me nervous.

8)
Amen to that amen. Michigan drivers are pretty good when it comes to bad weather, but every year they seem to forget it. The first big snow of each winter sees multiple cars in ditches. A few weeks ago (when winter finally arrived here) my normal one-hour highway commute took me three and a half hours from all the backed-up traffic.
Be safe, guys.

Reno NEVER gets used to it. Half Californian fluffheads, half farmers used to it being dry ten months out of the year, just a sprinkling cloud and people do 20 MPH. Then, if it snows three feet, they're all over the place. Each time, every time. Nevadans are tough, pissy fellers, but precipitation is like a solar eclipse is to superstitious forest tribes. The world ends, until it doesn't, and then they're left confused.

8)

My biggest concern during winter driving is the other drivers. Especially when they think they still can "stop on a dime", and the dime is the one in my pocket!

bosun1":vhepwmy3 said:
My biggest concern during winter driving is the other drivers. Especially when they think they still can "stop on a dime", and the dime is the one in my pocket!
Great line. :lol:

scotties22":xbxnq6i3 said:
The snow is almost over (for now) here in KC. We have about 7 inches of snow and 20+ mph winds. It's crazy. The news keeps showing shots of the interstates and there are people stranded everywhere. The city is literally shut down. Gonna be some fun playing in the snow a little later.
Very little snow here, Scottie. We have about a 4" total accumulation, but it's layered Sleet and Ice. Stores shut down early here, nothing is moving, localized power outages - but nothing major.

My sister (and all of my Dad's family) live right around Fort Leonard Wood (where I'm from). I talked to her at about 1 and she said they had about 3 1/2 inches or so of a mix of nasty stuff. She lives on a gravel road and will be trapped at home through the weekend for sure. They haven't lost power yet, but it wouldn't surpise me.

Did you live down there in 86(?) when we had the really really big ice storm come through? We didn't have power for almost two weeks. My entire family camped out at my grandparents house. Propane heat out in the country and grandpa had a back up generator that ran right off the propane tank in the front yard. Ahhh....the memories.

Scottie - sounds exactly like what we got here (the precip).

In '86 I lived down in Cape Girardeau.

Nothing exciting, other than the typical nonsense that goes on in a typical college town. 8)