Ink

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PiperCub

Reaction score
i'm getting a chest peice done soon...dyou guys have any ink? or cool stories behind yryou tats??

My chest and stomach is just about covered up. As soon as I get around to getting the background done on the last tat my front torso will be 90% covered.

Both of my upper arms have ink, more coming when my schedule and wallet are friendlier.

There's a way-back old thread on BoB ink with some good pics... I'll scroll back and link it when I find it.

Got a few hours under the needle.
Only one story out of all of them. The Skull in the cowboy hat on my left forearm. Well, when I was in Germany in the Army I got a bit too mouthy after a few shots of tequilla andenderd up with 15 stitches over my eye and forehead. When I got the tattoo one of my eyes was still swollen shut so the artist made the tat have one eye blacked out and the other red with a black pupil.

My wife hates the ones on my chest, one is a pretty lady and the other side is a skull, I jokingly tell people that is my marriage before and after shot. ( I had these before I got married so my wife know I am joking).

I have a girls name covered up twice. I was young and dumb on this one.

CigarKen":6rn6zn01 said:
I have a girls name covered up twice.

I've never done that but I do have a knife in the back in honor of my first wife :lol:

I've been meaning to start a thread like this. It took me 44 years but I finally got my first tattoo. In my life I never wanted a tattoo, until a couple of months ago. It is a tribute to my dad who passed away over the summer. I designed it myself. It came to me while I was running. Everything about the tattoo has meaning.

397394_562455513765683_741452731_n.jpg" style="width: 612px;height: 612px

IMG-20121229-00063_zps7b2a4f6c.jpg

IMG-20121229-00062_zpsc413aea4.jpg

Thank you. Already designed my next one. Getting it in a couple of months.

This is before the current one. Now I have a dragon that weaves around and behind the tiger.

Let's see....

1st was the "speak no, hear no, see no evil" skulls on my left shoulder at age 19. I was an honor roll student, worked, but like to have fun and rock out. Pops was told later and I was pronounced nuts and told I "would regret it." (yeah, Pops got his first tat 10 yrs later...) Originally I had "honesty is my only excuse" underneath, but it was smallish and as time went on, needed to be redone. Tat was a kinda motto for life thing.

2nd was the skull and fingers poking through the same shoulder. This was a friend of a friend who specialized in skulls. As a firm believer in letting an artist go to get the best of them, I told him to just add as he saw fit. He drew on me with a bic pen (black, to be exact) then went to town. It's a shame you can't really see the detail.

3rd was the right shoulder. That's the Guinness harp, with the latin phrase "truth is light" around it. In the background is the sun shining its rays through the harp strings.

Last, thus far, is the larger skull with the flame eye and smoke (covering the honesty phrase) and the arm reaching through my body to rip the skin away revealing the harp and sun.

The last two were done by the same artist, but it was my concept. It's a 'right side is how some people see me....the left side is what lies underneath' motif. The artist took creative license with what I wanted and created, what I think, is a very compelling piece. Whether others feel the same..well, I guess that's really of little consequence.

IMG_0623_zps233ee9d3.jpg

I think the Victory hop devil will be next, right in the open space behind my neck...

here are a couple of mine:

v4Jny8k.jpg

nroUonW.jpg

only pics i really have of mine. both fresh of course. same leg. also have some on my arm and other leg, and one that looks like a prison tat. i love that one! oh being young. i'll try and get some pictures. this is a good thread! i'm about to have two sessions coming up. one up here and another in san diego.

oh and mad props to 454 tattoo. Brad did both of those pieces above. horiyoshi the 3rd inspired Buddhist demons.

421212_10150584072275168_1275793338_n.jpg

that was my first on my belly, and my second on my arm

and hear is my right fore arm now:

iphone160.jpg

I am going to do a visual representation of the book of revelation on my left arm and over my entire back someday when I have a tattooist friend that wants to do an epic work for fill in prices

rev

I have one.

tattoo-3-1.jpg

There is a long story behind it with explanation here if anyone cares to read it - very old blog post

I want to get another, and probably another, and maybe another...

roogles":gqb2f8sp said:
I have one.

tattoo-3-1.jpg

There is a long story behind it with explanation here if anyone cares to read it - very old blog post

I want to get another, and probably another, and maybe another...
my wife has whole paragraphs of the Lorica written in script on her back. Very nice. I have a celtic cross that covers my right calf.

rev