Ink

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EJinVA":w6mrm2gz said:
Handsome Dynamite":w6mrm2gz said:
Very cool idea. What would the Runes say?
Not sure yet, still working on some ideas.
Something about the elusivity of, and continual search for truth.
I always liked the idea of a compass for the idea of searching for truth..

velveteagle":mna2cgdd said:
EJinVA":mna2cgdd said:
Handsome Dynamite":mna2cgdd said:
Very cool idea. What would the Runes say?
Not sure yet, still working on some ideas.
Something about the elusivity of, and continual search for truth.
I always liked the idea of a compass for the idea of searching for truth..

Thats it!
Incorporate it into the center of something like this:

With the Runes within the outer band.
This is one that my new Tat Artist St. John of Rendezvous Tattoo did for someone else. I have it roughed out in AutoCAD, I'll probably get him to put it all together in a single design when I'm ready to get it (save up the dough). He is an excellent all around artist, he does portraits, paintings, sketches etc.. as well.
Here is his site:
http://www.mysaintjohn.com/

Check this site out:
http://bjorkzine.blogspot.com/2006/08/proliferation-of-bjrks-tattoo-part-one.html

Doc Manhattan":q1qprbxl said:
All right, as promised:

5002227521_e1c7b6ae92.jpg

Not bad for a first go, eh?
Looks good there Doc, Congrats my man!!

EJinVA":8x13p8o9 said:
Here they are:

And:

The dragon is from the Welsh flag with some modifications (it's now smoking a pipe).
The cross I got 12 years ago, the banner below it is in latin, it says: De Omnibus Dubitaindum Est
which means "In Everything, Doubtful Be"
Kind of my way of showing how my beliefs are evolving.
Sweet work there Ejin........ Sweet bro!!

have a kokopelli on my left arm. i altered the design at the shop and left out colors, strictly wanting an all black line tat.

homage, to a anthropology trip to colo and utah back in the college days. some snapshots of scenes make an impression that never leave the mind.

camo

Never appealed to me.

I've seen small tattoos on the backs of women's necks or even around the ankle like an ankle bracelet that are quite attractive.

Some of my children and spouses have tattoos.

But then the problem.... how could you go to bed with Angelina Jolie with "Billy Bob Thornton" inked on her shoulder? I know she's likely got it de-inked. But sitting on the end of the bed while she's being de-inked would likely be like a 3 to 4 hour wait.

Slow Puffs":6sih9wci said:
But then the problem.... how could you go to bed with Angelina Jolie with "Billy Bob Thornton" inked on her shoulder? I know she's likely got it de-inked. But sitting on the end of the bed while she's being de-inked would likely be like a 3 to 4 hour wait.
Honestly, it bothered me a little the first time, but after a while I hardly noticed it. She says she'll get a coverup if it's going to come between us, but I'm secure enough to let it slide.

Craps... just remembered... the doggie has a tattoo on his ear.... wait, it might be a computer chip :shock:

Slow Puffs":iwlqsh47 said:
Craps... just remembered... the doggie has a tattoo on his ear.... wait, it might be a computer chip :shock:
Sounds like your the odd one then.

Slow Puffs said "Some of my children and spouses have tattoos."
How many of each do you have?

Bub":9m7q94zc said:
Slow Puffs said "Some of my children and spouses have tattoos."
How many of each do you have?
About five of each.... give or take three or four... :oops: . Ya mean they changed the rules again :roll:

EJinVA":xu3whxr1 said:
*camoham":xu3whxr1 said:
have a kokopelli on my left arm.
camo
Sounds pretty cool, very basic-tribal.
Photos???
basic.

koko.jpg

this will come in double handy if im found in the woods or by favorite fishing areas!

oh yeah, all the freckles are courtesy of a Fort Sam Houston sun burn, luckily didnt get 15'd for that back then.............grass drills no fun with blisters.

camohm

Thought I'd post one of me with the legendary Paul Booth himself!! This pic was taken about two years ago at a tattoo convention here in Cape Town

bdapb.jpg

Bumping this old (well, Internet-old) topic back to show off my new ink:

The birds are Distlefinks, PA Dutch lucky thistle-finches, shown above a tulip. It's a barn hex design that my artist (Luis Martins of Lovecraft) re-imagined in the style of Norwegian rosemaling.

Four hours sitting. Well worth it. Still plenty of arm left for more...

Nice !

But he made them quail -- not Distelfinks/Wild Canaries/Beet Birds/Goldfinches.

Maybe Quail are Distelfinks ("Thistle Finches") in Norway ?

(?)

Yeah, he was thinking partridge/quail. It'd be more accurate to say, then, inspired by the Distelfink design.

The tulips hold closer to the original... a more detailed, to be sure. but what could be more Lancaster County than a proper Lutheran t.u.l.i.p.?

Another Welsh Dragon (I'd like to see the earlier one with the pipe addition). Birthday gift to me on my 45th, on my right calf. 1 and done for this kid.