Interesting article at pipes magazine + memorable smokes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djf1

Reaction score
I thought that this is a very interesting article! Certainly it confirmed in my mind what I have been experiencing all along.

Yesterday I lit up my JU and my Sasieni, identical size Canadians, similar construction, same VA blend but such a difference in taste. Light, nutty on the JU, earthy and rich flavors from the Sasieni 80+ year old briar

My Holy Grail experience came when I smoked my J grade Bjarne with the Louisiana Red blend from Hearth & Home. The same tobacco was very enjoyable in a couple of my favorite pipes, but it exploded in taste in the Bjarne. I smoked it all day long with this blend and the pipe kept on giving. Certainly the most memorable smoke of my life.

http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/out-of-the-ashes/indistinguishable-from-magic/#more-4928

what are your most memorable moments?

Birmingham Alabama, spring of 1974. Brand new Peterson Premiere 80S -- first smoke. Balkan Sobranie Virginian No. 10.

Still have it.

Since then, it's happened lots of times.

But everybody's first time is special :lol:

:face:

Yak, whereabouts in birmingham?

Since I'm relatively new to pipe smoking, my most memorable smoke was just the other day. a family cookout to celebrate birthdays and highschool graduations, its the first time I had a "social smoke". a good friend of mine had a handful of pipes and tobaccos.. He offered me some, but I opted for my trusty savinelli 320 filled with maple street. Makes me realize I need to find more smokers around here...

djf1, I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see that you are deriving so much pleasure from that pipe. Each time I see a new post concerning how much joy you're getting from it I can't help but smile.