Interesting comparosin

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hussah!

I would imagine that, like you Michael, I am not in the least bit surprised. An interesting read, thanks for sh sharing!

I haven't even read it yet (I will) but I can hands down say wet shaving is better. In the 60/70/80's it was abandoned for the comfort of speed... That doesn't make it better. A pony car gets you to the stop light faster than a Cadillac but I'd rather be in the Cadillac any day, especially when it turns out the Cadillac is cheaper.

Funny thing about all this ( to me) is that soap/brush/De razor is how my father shaved and how I was taught back in '62 and how I shaved till I tried some of the "new" razors back in the early '80s. Never could find any of the "new" stuff that shaved as well as how I had learned so always went back to my soap/brush/DE razor and am still shaving this way !! This new resurgence of this "old" way has now begun to bring more variety of blades/soaps to my local Wallgreens !! Back when I started to shave, the "old " way was as my grandfather did , with a straight razor,brush/soap. ! All you younger guys who are just now discovering this "old" way enjoy it !! :twisted:

I find that I get equally good shaves with DE and with multi-blade cartridges. I use DE because I like stainless steel hardware (i.e., the razors), but always take cartridge razors when traveling. Oh, well...

I'm sure I am like a lot of people in that I shaved less, mostly because I hated it before I discovered wet-shaving.

Then, I started shaving more often because it was easier, I enjoyed it more, and I didn't walk around with a red and irritated face when I actually did shave.

WIN-WIN.