International Pipe Smoking Day 2013

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaiser83

Reaction score
International Pipe Smoking Day is February 20th, 2013.

Do you have any special plans or traditions you are planning on?
Snow, rain, sleet, etc., is anything going to stop you from enjoying a bowl with your brothers around the globe?
I figure this can be a thread to talk about the upcoming pipe smoker's official Holiday and share pics or whatever from your festivities that day (and also a reminder, if you follow the thread, so you don't forget the day).
Here's the official facebook page for IPSD if you are interested : https://www.facebook.com/PipeDay

Count me in, my Brother!

Come rain or shine, I'll be puffing away. That's a Wednesday, and I'll have that day off work.
I'll have to break out a special blend for that day. 8)

I've been looking for a retailer to push out a blend for the day, but it seems Russ is failing us this year. I had hoped for a blend to pop up today so I could try and get it here before then but it seems there is no such luck.

I store a special tobacco for that day: Markovitch Smoking Mixture. Unfortunately, I have only the last 4 gram in zip lock bag, which will go in Don Floriani Olive wood pipe on that day! :D

Let's see... Last year I managed seven nations' worth of "international" pipes. I may have one or two others to add to the lineup this year.

Is there a Guinness World Record category for most pipes smoked at once? If not, we can create one, I'm sure. That'd be interesting.

There is a joke to be had with that picture, but I think I'll leave it beetle to make. :tongue:

Usually I celebrate IPSD with the Northern NJ gang, but this year IPSD coincides with my home pipe club, Christopher Morley's PC in Philly. But I may take the run up to NYC to celebrate with them at De La Concha on the 23rd. Great idea about puffing pipes from different countries. Symbolic for sure.

hp
les

So, this proves you set the record for the most bowls of Borkum Riff at one time huh? :twisted:

Kyle Weiss":v2ccs126 said:
Amateurs. I'll probably smoke a cigar that day. :mrgreen:

8)
Don't make us hurt you Kyle.

BTW I contacted Pipes & Cigars they do have a blend coming out for ISPD. Why they release on ISPD is beyond me considering they could release like 2 weeks early and have that be their "official blend" for the day. Any how here is the response from them about the blend:

We do have a good blend coming out this year. it is called Darbyshire but I do not have any information on it yet. It will be released on the 20th though so you will not be able to get it until then.

George that is a great pic, but I deducted points for the unicorn shirt. Did you buy that out of state?

Andy

Kelhammer":x3gdrqlv said:
George that is a great pic, but I deducted points for the unicorn shirt. Did you buy that out of state?

Andy
That shirt is so much win.

lestrout":a7txz7t6 said:
Usually I celebrate IPSD with the Northern NJ gang, but this year IPSD coincides with my home pipe club, Christopher Morley's PC in Philly. But I may take the run up to NYC to celebrate with them at De La Concha on the 23rd. Great idea about puffing pipes from different countries. Symbolic for sure.

hp
les
Plan on it, Les! Peder Jeppesen of Neerup Pipes from Denmark will be joining us and afterwards we'll be heading over to Merchant's East or Circa Tabac, staying until we run out of matches!

Hope to see you then,

Lou

That's a mighty fine idea. If you have never tried it, smoking Erinmore Flake and snuffing Sam Gawith Apricot at the same time is absolutely amazing.

No, but there was someone here who ground up dry Erinmore and snuffed it. Doesn't sound half bad really.
i.keenum":b9cq5c5l said:
There is a joke to be had with that picture, but I think I'll leave it beetle to make. :tongue:
Kyle already made it last year when I posted that pic.
Huh... Seems I still only have pipes from seven countries in my collection. You'd have thought in the last year I'd picked up something else. Oh well.