Intro to the Brotherhood

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Balkovecpipes

Reaction score
Hello Piper's
Just wanted to introduce my self to the group of people who share the same passion as I do with pipe smoking, collecting and carving. I did not join this site to try and up sell any of my hand made pipes. I joined to meet and learn from all of you as you have learned from others. I started out as a pipe smoker 10 years ago. Thought I was the only person in the world who smokes a pipe. Then the internet introduced me to all kinds of other pipe smokers all over the world. I went from smoking to collecting and now carving my own pipes. I hope to make some new friends and maybe meet up with some of you for a bowl or two.

Best regards,
Mark

Welcome Mark, nice to meet up with you. Check out my friend Tim Haggerty on this site. He is a fellow pipe smoker in Pittsburgh and I'm sure you would both enjoy your bowls together.

Welcome to the group! Feel free to post your own creations even if not selling them - they fascinate those of us who haven't tried our hand at it.

Buddy

Welcome and at least you didn't take a huge break to smoke trash like I did. My pipes sat there for 30 years just waiting for me to pick them back up. Once I quit cigs, just smoked cigars a bit, only good ones though, but that is more costly and if you buy a few good boxes it get high quick and gone pretty quick too.

Took me all that time to find out about the better tobacco's like the Va & VaPer's out there, but glad I finally did.

Enjoy and show us some of your pipes, you never know,

Skip

Mark,
Welcome to B.O.B.!
Love those black widow pipes that you have done. Thanks to OMS on youtube, I got to learn about your pipes. Like it was said before, post up your pipes even if they aren't for sale. It's nice to see what you come up with. Not sure if you noticed the "Town Crier" section of B.O.B. yet. It's the place for carvers, such as yourself, to post up items that you have for sale. :cheers:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZylqDEhdHFs" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks Dover,
I will check out the Town Crier section. I also see you linked my video. Thank you for that. I look forward to getting some good VA tobacco picks from ya.

Balkovecpipes":fbctzn8y said:
Thanks Dover,
I will check out the Town Crier section. I also see you linked my video. Thank you for that. I look forward to getting some good VA tobacco picks from ya.
Currently digging on Park Lane's Red Paramour.
(Thanks to Dukeofbluz I'm now addicted to what he calls "RED CRACK")

Here's a link and description:

http://www.parklanetobacconist.com/webstore/product_info.php?products_id=559

An all Virginia blend comprised of Red Virginia ribbon, Gold flake, red and black matured Virginia cake tobaccos, enhanced with the slight addition of Perique and a scented Virginia flake. For the lover of straight Virginia blends, a smooth and naturally sweet mixture!

Thanks for the tip. I will see if my local tobacconist has any. I just picked up some early morning DH but haven't opened it yet as I am working on some Mac barren VA Flake witch i am really enjoying.

Nice Nice Vid! That's a really nice looking pipe my man. I'd love one of those!

Balkovecpipes":xdpmuxat said:
Thanks for the tip. I will see if my local tobacconist has any. I just picked up some early morning DH but haven't opened it yet as I am working on some Mac barren VA Flake witch i am really enjoying.
You can only get it at the Park Lane link in my last posting. It's a custom house blend that they make.