Ipad question????

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

millerman

Reaction score
All right everyone here has always been very helpful. So I've got a question about my son's Ipad. When you turn it on the screen is black. It starts scrolling a dim light from the left side of the screen about a quarter of the way across the screen then goes black again and does it over and over until you turn it off or it turns itself off. We took it to the Apple store and they were quick to tell me that they wouldn't repair it and my warranty had ran out 2 months prior so they would sell me a new one. I really would like to get it fixed instead of buying a new one. But they said they wouldn't repair it. Has anyone had a similar problem or know what it could be.

how odd. never seen that one before. googling the symptoms up hasn't helped?

you're rebooting? not just putting it to sleep and awakening it? you're holding home and sleep together for several seconds?

you can try a factory reset from within itunes - theoretically - but you'll lose all data/info on it.

doody.

Tried all that and nothing helped. I don't want to order parts if I don't know for sure which part is bad.

Consumers really need to get hip to the fact the warranty/guarantee time period for electronics and mechanical entertainment/conveniences is how long the device will likely last, plus a month or two.   :lol:  Of course they're designed this way.  

Nintendo Entertainment System, 1988:  Most still work today.  Original cost, $100.  $5 at junk shops today.
Sony PlayStation 3, 2010:  Dies in two years in almost every instance.  $300+

Sunbeam blender, 1975:  Most still work today, if glass carafe still exists.  Original cost, $20.  $10 at junk shops.
Sunbeam blender, 2011:  Dies within 1 - 3 years, depending on use.  The new glass carafes do not fit the older models, either.  $45

Royal Portable Model 1 Typewriter, 1928:  First "laptop," if cared for, will work indefinitely.  Original cost, $6. $50 in nice condition at antique stores.
Any given laptop bought after 2010:  Battery dies within six months.  $150 fix.  Physically breaks within two years.  Becomes obsolete by industry "standards" in a year.  Cost to acquire/replace:  $800 - $2500.

Livin' cool and fun ain't easy.  Or cheap.   Plus, it's showing us that the second-hand stores, which depend on goods that are useable (and re-usable) to be a dying breed soon, except perhaps for clothing (even that is in doubt).  It'll either be high-priced antique stores or Wal-Mart.  

Always low standards.  Always.  :)  With :heart: from China,

8)