IPSD 2015 Countdown!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Doody

Reaction score
International Pipe Smoking Day is coming up fast: Friday February 20th! 14 days away. Just two short weeks from today.

On this day we will take a breather and celebrate the noble art of pipe-smoking and the noble spirit which pervades the brother/sisterhood of the briar. We will put into practice the time-honored and ancestral traditions of raising our pipes in toast to each other in the evening in unison and, thus, share a bowl together.
Great IPSD pdf

Reply and share!

So what are you going to light up?
I think I'm going to enjoy my birth-year Dunhill with ET Penzance. Can't see how I could celebrate any more vibrantly than with that.

Share pics here on the 20th!

Xoxo,
Doody

Cool idea, will be sure to partake on the 20th. Thanks for posting.

For me, every day is Intl. Pipe Smoking Day. Sorry but I don't need a Hallmark holiday to tell me it's time to smoke a pipe.

I feel the same way about those National Homebrewer's Association holidays. I'll brew my dang beer when I feel like it, thank you very much. Drinking holidays? Same thing. I drink at least 6-7 good beers a week and I don't need a special day set aside to spotlight the fact that I like it.

Yeah, I am grouchy..  :D

I'm with drums on this one. And I advocate pipery any chance I get. I can appreciate that they set asid a day to raise awareness. So, as long as nobody gets arrested for attempted murder by smoking their pipe publicly, God bless.

Sheesh. Who let the curmudgeons in?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :p :p :p

I'll raise a bowl to y'all regardless!

Xoxo,
Doody

IPSD is just a great excuse for me to break out some of the rarer tobaccos and high end pipes. While I have several bowls a day I only indulge in those on special occasions.

Maybe some Stonehaven in my 1919 Dunhill, or perhaps Penzance in my Cornelius Manz? :D

Mr. Doody":mtgqpn03 said:
Sheesh. Who let the curmudgeons in?

:lol: :lol: :lol:  :p  :p  :p

I'll raise a bowl to y'all regardless!

Xoxo,
Doody
There are non-curmudgeons here???

I won't likely do anything different that day but I do think it is a good opportunity to raise awareness of the hobby. Life is too short to put off good tobacco and pipes for special occasions. Maybe I'll try to be a bit more public with my pipes that day.
Mike.

I smoke just about every day. But I'll be sure to remember that day no matter how cold it is.

...always enjoy that special day...Haven't decided what I'll be puffing on but know I'll enjoy several bowls of something good... :cheers:

I'm looking forward to it - hoping to snag some pipes and tobacco with the deals, and the Austin Pipe Club is going to meet and celebrate.

DrumsAndBeer":6c2922kl said:
For me, every day is Intl. Pipe Smoking Day. Sorry but I don't need a Hallmark holiday to tell me it's time to smoke a pipe.

I feel the same way about those National Homebrewer's Association holidays. I'll brew my dang beer when I feel like it, thank you very much. Drinking holidays? Same thing. I drink at least 6-7 good beers a week and I don't need a special day set aside to spotlight the fact that I like it.

Yeah, I am grouchy..  :D
Hate to admit it but, I agree and feel the same way about Valentines day, Bah Hum Bug to a Hallmark holiday put into to effect just to boost sales.
But, see'en I love to smoke my pipe, any ole excuse will do to smoke a fine bowl of Escudo. ;)

Yeah ! I bought a pack of Dunhill red's cigarettes to celebrate :twisted: :twisted:

IPSD is cool because b&m shops sometimes have deals they rarely offer. Now is a good time to find out if that pipe you've been eyeing every time you're in there will be on sale. None for me this year though, sadly.

Tomorrow will be a Latweed day devoted to Penzance, Northwoods, Lancers Slices, BS-005, Larry's Blend, and Spillman's Mixture. Pipes will be my 1946 Dunny (birth year), Ser Jacopo coral-dot R2 Billiard (one big ol' boy!!), 2 x Sasieni Moorgates (different finishes), Bonfiglioli bent, and a Radice T/B Underwood bent. For those of you fortunate enough to have a B&M near you, I heartily encourage you to visit and part with a bit of your precious cash! We truly want to keep these good folks in business :cheers: FTRPLT

DrumsAndBeer":64cz1y60 said:
Bingo!!!

Although I'll be taking advantage of P&C's annual goodie bag box offer. Otherwise, I'll smoke my usual blends in my usual pipes and call it a good day.

Of course Friday's a work day, and with no smoking in the office it it will also be Intl. Snuff Taking Day, as well!

idbowman":danmbd5j said:
Bingo!!!

Although I'll be taking advantage of P&C's annual goodie bag box offer.  Otherwise, I'll smoke my usual blends in my usual pipes and call it a good day.

Of course Friday's a work day, and with no smoking in the office it it will also be Intl. Snuff Taking Day, as well!
Snuff, Of Course! Wouldn't be IPSD with out that. :p

What usually comes in the P&C goodie box? Does it come with any order, or is it over a specific amount?

You get the goodie box if you order over $99 worth of goodies. I have availed myself of this. I hope they don't throw too many bags of Erin Go Braugh in there. LOL

d4klutz":kkdz32y1 said:
You get the goodie box if you order over $99 worth of goodies.  I have availed myself of this.  I hope they don't throw too many bags of Erin Go Braugh in there.  LOL
Hmm. I think I'll pass. I was on the "Tobacco of the Month" program for a while. I am pretty sure I know exactly what's going to be in that box..

CAO Black
Cult Blood Red Moon
Erin Go Braugh
Borkum Riff Original
Davidoff Red Mixture
A mega-sack of a House mixed aromatic

& a tin of Elizabethan Mixture.. Need I go on? Ha, ha... :lol: