IPSD?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clueless

Reaction score
I just saw a thread on another board about International Pipe Smoking Day. Apparently it is tomorrow. I haven't seen anything here, my most frequently checked group. Is this a widely observed thing?

It's gotten more airplay in years past.

Npw, it seems to be about on a par with International Talk Like a Pirate day.

Aaaarg ! :lol:

:face:

At the B&M that I go to has a 20% off all pipes and accessories. So even if its a BS thing, I don't care because I got a new Nording pipe for 60$ the also had all tins on sale for 9$ a tin. So this guy stocked up a bit. Happy pipe smoking day!!

There are sporadic attempts to gather the pipe community under one umbrella. Back in 1974, there was a short-lived enthusiasm for joining the Pipe Club of London (local chapter meetings, international newsletter &c.). It was one of many promotions by the industry over the years that fell a little short and faded away.

Probably the most effective (pipe boards) have been more nearly spontaneous developments than organised marketing campaigns. But even today, with as many hits as these get, a well-placed friend tells me that many pipe affecionados will still have nothing to do with computers and the internet.

Herding cats is a tough job :lol!:

I celebrate it every year and have myself a grand old time doing it this will by my fourth IPSD! Huzzah! :lol:

Yak":moypmdzt said:
It's gotten more airplay in years past.

Npw, it seems to be about on a par with International Talk Like a Pirate day.

Aaaarg ! :lol:

Let's combine em and make International Smoke a Pipe while Talking Like a Pirate Day!!!! :oops:

Avast ye scurvy dogs, I be wantin me cutty filled with Pirate Kake (for a farthing less at Thornhills Tobac shoppe this fair day) while I watch these scallawags be keelhauled.