Irene

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Thomas where are you guys? We're in Mt. Airy and the rain has been pretty bad for a few hours now. My "basement" is actually on ground level and floods anytime we get a hard rain so I'm already ankle deep in water down there. Gotta love these old stone houses! Luckly we don't have much down there that can't get wet. As long as it doesn't make too far toward the center of the house or get much higher than a foot or so we'll be alright.

You're right about the folks at the stores. My wife went to the supermarket yesterday to get milk and there was a woman getting $100 worth of lunch meat!

Keep us posted. As I'm watching the news this morning, you guys (gal) are in my thoughts. I lived through Hurricane Hugo when it here in Charlotte, and remember what a mess it was. I hope you all continue to have power.

We're in Jenkintown, and have water, electricity, and no damage or flooding--just a few spots of water in the basement, but everything is on a pallet. Saw a few downed trees on the way home from Chestnut Hill last night, but haven't heard of much else.

Hope all you guys on the east coast fair well. We have been lucky and haven't had one hit us in like six years down here, might cool it off a little though :) . Good luck to all and be safe.

Well we survived the flooding. Burned out our submersible pump but that was the only casualty. We've been without power now for the better part of the day but the good news is I've had plenty of smoking time! Already made my way through a bowl of OJK and a couple of bowls of 1Q. Thinking its about time for some Squadron Leader.

Hope everyone else out there is still dry!

It looks like Vermont, parks of New York, and the Connecticut coast have been hit really hard. I hope 4noggins is okay and I send my thoughts to all those who have been affected.
Sincerely,
Milan

Thoughts also for Carol at Pipeworks & Wilke in Montpelier VT. Friends in beautiful Vermont really got the one two punch in the gut without mercy.

Irene is a beautiful name even for a Hurricane, and though it hit with a demanding presence,

It was spectacular in every way and a memory that will endure.

Hope your experience was pleasurable, John.

Hurricane Irene experience pleasurable? Holy smokes! Hope you don't get arrested for whatever it is that you have in your pipe today. Think you are just a tad over the border of the powers of positive thinking.

LIPIPE":5jgujcsm said:
Hurricane Irene experience pleasurable? Holy smokes! Hope you don't get arrested for whatever it is that you have in your pipe today. Think you are just a tad over the border of the powers of positive thinking.

I think you took my comment to literally, As another part of Mother Nature (one usually prefers the niceties)

It's sheer size, speed, and power in my view was spectacular in every way, (not because of its violence, loss of life, or destruction).

They are annual storms that are predicted and tracked rarely coming a shore and not the undetectable horror of Earthquakes, Tsunami, or Volcanoes.

I'm sorry if my Post upset you as that was not it's intention, John.

Boulder said:
Irene is a beautiful name, and though it hit with a demanding presence,

Sounds like our Irene alright! :twisted:

I live 45 min south of Boston and was hit dead on...not much damage though, just a few broken limbs that the chain saw took care of. :D

Centurian 803 said:
Boulder":f3d7mvvk said:
Irene is a beautiful name, and though it hit with a demanding presence,

Sounds like our Irene alright! :twisted:

Hahaha, sorry. I have been so busy lately and haven't logged in.

It went fine here for me (unlike for some people closer to the coast). There was a lot of rain but that was about the extent of it. The power might have flickered at some point.

I walked out into the ocean during the storm, if that counts for anything.

I do miss you fellas. Maybe I'll start a separate thread for that though. =)