Is it the pen…or the ink?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
I have two Lamy 2000 pens. One is the black polycarbonate and the other is stainless steel. The black has a fine nib while the steel pen is medium…both 14K gold. Never had a problem with the resin pen but the stainless has consistently written a bit too dry and skipped a bit. (Note the sounds of snarling and gnashing of teeth). Prior to finally attacking it with a brass shim to spread the tines ever so delicately, I decided to try one of the several juicy inks that I have on hand. Since I wanted a permanent ink I decided on De Atramentis Document Black, which is known for being a “wet” ink. The result? The Lamy stainless now writes as perfectly as anyone could wish for.

One of the resources I typically use in looking up the characteristics of different inks is “Mountain of Inks” which I recommend.

https://mountainofink.com/

The gear:

IMG_7841.jpeg

IMG_7839.jpeg

IMG_7843.jpeg

The Lamy 2000’s are a nice looking pen. I like the veiled nib. Between the 2 I’d have to go with the black one. It’s funny how 2 pens of the same model can have such different flow rates with the same ink.

I'm thrilled to share our recent feature on History Channel's America's Book Of Secret, where we delved into the fascinating world of untold stories and hidden histories. Being part of this groundbreaking series was an incredible opportunity to shine a light on remarkable events that have shaped our world. In a similar vein, I highly recommend exploring the insightful article on a great blog about the first black woman in space https://essaypro.com/blog/first-black-woman-in-space. It's a captivating narrative that highlights the extraordinary achievements of an unsung hero, inspiring readers to embrace diversity and strive for excellence in all endeavors. Don't miss out on this enlightening read!