Is The Just For Him Middle Earth Blends Worth Trying?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PipeDragon

Reaction score
I ended up coming across some G.L. Pease LOTR blends on Ebay yesterday of which I passed on (I wasnt paying close to 75-100 for two ounces)

But it did get my curiosity up so I did some internet searching and came across the Just For Him site and their blends.

Im "hesitant" of trying them mainly because I dont want to "dedicate" any certain pipes to one blend. (I have one tobacco I smoke from the local B&M in all my Briars).

That and my philosophy of putting the money into a pipe which I can "keep" as opposed to buying different tobaccos that after lighting it up, I have nothing left.

With that said, my curiosity is peaked enough that like Bilbo Baggins I am contemplating an "Unexpected Journey" into the realm of Middle Earth Blends but would like some contemplative thoughts from others to ponder before I "sign" the contract.

Esp since there will be some fire involved :roll: (I just saw the Movie last night and not only did it live up to the other movies but more importantly it was pretty spot on with the Book)

If you don't want to dedicate pipes, why are you wanting to try different tobaccos? Just curious.

Anyhow -- the Middle Earth blends from Just For Him are pretty good. One of them, in fact, is something of a cult classic. It's called "Shortcut to Mushrooms," and it's a fantastic English "crossover" mixture (an aromatic with lots of latakia). "Ruins of Isengard" is also pretty good. I personally didn't care much for the others, but I am in no way disparaging their quality -- they just weren't my cup of tea.

All that being said, if you don't have a pipe dedicated to latakia blends and you are scared of "ghosting," I don't know what to tell you.

I've been to Just for Him many times and know one or two of the blenders. They are fantastic blends, but there isn't one for everybody. Get the sampler and prosper.

But for what it's worth, Shortcut to Mushrooms has become a favorite of the Viking Pipe Club of Saint Louis.

Treebeard is freaking awesome. I would definitely try them. I don't worry about ghosting too much but I have begun to dedicate pipes lately. If you are worried just grab a bag of seconds from www.corncobpipe.com for thirty bucks and you will be set and have no reason to worry. But heck yeah try them out you will most likely dig them. Most like stm but I am keen on treebeard ymmv

Thanks for the thoughts brothers! Much appreciated!

Based on them, I am probably going to order a sampler soon and see what happens.

PipeDragon":ts03hah0 said:
I ended up coming across some G.L. Pease LOTR blends on Ebay yesterday of which I passed on (I wasnt paying close to 75-100 for two ounces)

But it did get my curiosity up so I did some internet searching and came across the Just For Him site and their blends.
I live near and frequent JFH and have smoked all of their blends. As for the Middle Earth series, they are hit and miss for me. Their best seller, Shortcut to Mushrooms, is likely to score with most anyone's palate. They sell ungodly amounts of the stuff worldwide. JFH does offer a sample package of the Middle Earth series. Just email Waymond at [email protected] if you have any questions.

LOL....

Well after my unexpected TAD gift from my buddy, I think I am going to hold off for now
on these. Not because I dont want to but because I am going to be busy trying all of what he gave me.

Thanks for all the input, much appreciated!