Is there a list

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corncobcon

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Is there a list of tobaccos that will be discontinued.  I hear things about what is
going to be discontinued, but I get confused about all this and have a problem
with CRS.(Can't Remember Sh*t!)
Can anyone help with this?  I'd like to order some before they are gone.

Not the CRS problem! :lol:

Someone around here started a list, but I CRS too, and I'm not sure if it went very far. If there is anything you can think of specifically you wonder about, you can check Tobaccoreviews.com and do a search, look for the sorting tabs and pull up the oldest ones. Of course, with all the ambiguity in the new regulations, it's tough to say what might stay or go......

This is about as far as a list got on this forum. There might be something useful to you here, but it's incomplete (not that there's a complete list anywhere) and the OP is off in Kenya or someplace converting the heathen. Glad I like the oldies mostly anyhow. The Pease blends, sadly, are an exception and I regard that as a heavy hit--if this thing ever actually happens.

http://brothersofbriar.forumotion.com/t32890-pipe-tobacco-from-2007-onward

Call the FDA, they are the ones that have made the list !! :twisted: :twisted:

What a stupid tempest in a teapot the FDA has started! Why should such a grand bunch of folk such as pipe smokers be deprived of some of their pleasures?

smoker13":g3tkb72g said:
What a stupid tempest in a teapot the FDA has started!  Why should such a grand bunch of folk such as pipe smokers be deprived of some of their pleasures?
Because smug, meddling busy-bodies are backed by more guns than pipe smokers, singly or as a group. It's the only reason.

Ozark Wizard":2ny0cbox said:
If there is anything you can think of specifically you wonder about, you can check Tobaccoreviews.com and do a search, look for the sorting tabs and pull up the oldest ones.  
+1

And remember, It had to be in production in Feb of 2007.  Meaning, an old blend that has been brought back recently would not count. (John Cotton, War Horse, etc)

smoker13":2ijktt9s said:
WHAT is so magical/evil about the year 2007? It all seems SO arbitrary and SILLY!
Not completely sure. I think it might have been around the time that legislation was passed allowing the FDA to regulate tobacco but they didn't get thier act together until '16 or so. I believe they are making it retro active to that date. Again, I could be completely wrong and probably am. ;)

Fight'n Hampsters":dfulait4 said:
smoker13":dfulait4 said:
WHAT is so magical/evil about the year 2007? It all seems SO arbitrary and SILLY!
Not completely sure.  I think it might have been around the time that legislation was passed allowing the FDA to regulate tobacco but they didn't get thier act together until '16 or so.  I believe they are making it retro active to that date.  Again, I could be completely wrong and probably am. ;)
I seem to remember someone--PB?--pointing out that a 2007 date would effectively put the kibosh on almost all ecigarette juice save that made by Big Tobacco, giving credence to the theory that this is all actually designed to hamstring the independent ecig industry and pipe tobacco is just collateral damage...

Luckily, the "drop-dead" date has been pushed to August of 2021, so everything will be okay until then. We're hoping that the proposal to push the grandfather date to 8/8/16 will go through and everything should be safe.

Russ

blendtobac":m078b5zb said:
Luckily, the "drop-dead" date has been pushed to August of 2021, so everything will be okay until then. We're hoping that the proposal to push the grandfather date to 8/8/16 will go through and everything should be safe.

Russ
Thank you, kind sir, for the great news!!!! Just made my day!!! Many other's day also, I'm sure!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: FTRPLT

ftrplt":a7vh9rhp said:
blendtobac":a7vh9rhp said:

Russ
Thank you, kind sir, for the great news!!!! Just made my day!!! Many other's day also, I'm sure!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: FTRPLT
My pleasure! I've probably spent more than 100 hours dealing with the deeming regulations, and we still have no idea what the final fallout will be, but I'll try to keep people updated as we learn more.

Russ

We should deem the FDA supererogatory. I'd call them evil, actually, and the case can be made. I defer, however, to current forum restrictions on political and religious to-and-fros.