Is there a shortage of certain pipe tobacco?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Herzl

Reaction score
Admittedly relatively new to pipe smoking, I've found acquisition of pipe tobacco selections to be an ongoing challenge. Often, at major web sites, selections are out of stock. With the selection listed as available on three occasions at one web site, I have made orders only to be told that the selection is not available after all, and there is no reliable period of expecting it to be in stock. On that and two other web sites, I have experienced over five weeks delay in delivery and instances of selection substitution without my agreement at two different web sites. Two others' prices went up far disproportionate to the recent tax increase. Is this a normal state of affairs? Or, an effect of reduced supply, cited by one vendor? If so, is this expected to be a temporary condition, or the shape of things to come?

I would hazard that it's rather a period of adjustment to increased demand, following the rush to buy before the April 1 tax rate increase arrived. Also, some may also have been hoarding up in anticipation of future tax increases, or worse. Just my guess.

It's mine!

Mine I tell you; all mine!

You can't have any, it's mine, mine, mine!!!!!

At least, all the really good stuff is ........

:p

Buy from Mars or smokingpipes.com. They are reputable and have a vast selection. I usually get my orders from smokingpipes the day after I order. They have never made a selection substitution nor upped their prices than that was listed when I ordered.

Yes, I've noticed a large increase in most retailers, including most e-tailers. I've been using mostly pipesandcigars.com, who seem to have the most reasonable prices.

Plexzepiper,

You can have all the Mix 79 all for yourself. I am working on buying all the rest of the good ones myself

Strongirish":10exadx6 said:
Plexzepiper,

You can have all the Mix 79 all for yourself. I am working on buying all the rest of the good ones myself
Appreciate the offer kind sir, but I was speaking exclusively of pipe tobacco.

M#79 is something all together different ..... :p Even sounds like a synthetic fuel additive!!!